Cab cost

Blondie0428

We are doing a round trip ft. lauderdale to miami for our cruise in september. We have a reservation with SAS for 15.00 per person. So for the 2 of us 30 each way. I believe a carnival transfer is close to 30 per person one way.

I'd like to know this too. On taxifarefinder dot com it says about $71.00. Carnival transfers are $30.00 per person, I think.

I personally, have never taken a cab on that ride, but I've driven it many, many times, and $71 wouldn't surprise me at all. (Might be cheap, if anything!) It's a pretty long ride from Port of Miami, to FLL airport, but $30 per person seems pretty steep to me as well! Maybe look for one of the limo services in the area. I'd think they'd beat ether of the other options.;)

"SKY"

Thanks for the suggestions. We haven't bought airline tickets yet but it's very possible we will fly Southwest into FLL for our Breeze cruise out of Miami. Just waiting for SWA to open up their flights for our dates now.

Taxi POM to FLL or FLL to POM will take about 40-45 or so minutes and the cab fare will be closer to $80-85+tip.

SAS, QLS, MJS and Go Airport Shuttle all are suggested on these boards every day with fares starting at $15 per person.

Good luck! :)

I'm nervous to use SAS because you can possibly have a 45 wait time. I don't want to miss my flight back home.

Where did you hear this?

We have used SAS a number of times. We were told to call the driver as soon as we retrieved our luggage. Each time, the driver call us as soon as passengers disembarked. We have never had to wait more than five minutes for SAS.

Where did you hear this?

We have used SAS a number of times. We were told to call the driver as soon as we retrieved our luggage. Each time, the driver call us as soon as passengers disembarked. We have never had to wait more than five minutes for SAS.

It says right on their website that after 9:30 am there is a possible 45 min wait time.

We looking at hotels in the Miami area. We're from Jacksonville, Florida so driving down and looking for either a park, stay cruise deal or a hotel that's not to expensive and taking a cab to the port, any ideas or help?

It says right on their website that after 9:30 am there is a possible 45 min wait time.

Between about 7:30-9:30 they are busy taking passengers from POM to FLL -- then from about 10:30 to early afternoon they are busy taking passengers from FLL to POM.

I'm not sure you can stay on the ship much past 9:30 as they are trying to clean up for the next cruisers. What time were you planning to get off and head to FLL? :confused:

Archived