bridges from Santa Croce

francesam

Does anybody know how many bridges there are from Santa Croce to Piazza Roma. We are staying there, at the Carlton, and are trying to work out if we can get to

Roma under our own steam to get to the cruise ship. We are getting a private water taxi from the airport to our hotel coming in but are trying to save a bit getting to the cruise ship. We are both in our 70s but hale and hearty, well mostly anyway. :D

Do you mean the Grand Canal Carlton or the Capri Carlton ?

If it's the Grand Canal, you'll have 2 bridges to cross. We stayed in that general vicinity and walked by your hotel a few times. They aren't the bigger bridges so you should be fine.

We crossed 3 bridges to reach our hotel and my 80 yr old mother managed; we each had one wheeled case and a shoulder tote.

Walk across the Piazalle Roma you'll find the entrance to the People Mover which will take you to the pier.

Use a google satellite map with your hotel name and you'll easily see it's location to the PRoma. Or try this link. Zoom in to find your hotel; it's right across from the train station.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/hotels/index-santa-croce.htm

Does anybody know how many bridges there are from Santa Croce to Piazza Roma. We are staying there, at the Carlton, and are trying to work out if we can get to

Roma under our own steam to get to the cruise ship. We are getting a private water taxi from the airport to our hotel coming in but are trying to save a bit getting to the cruise ship. We are both in our 70s but hale and hearty, well mostly anyway. :D

From Grand canal Carleton, there are 2 bridges, It's not far to P de Roma and then you would take the people mover tram.

Here are pictures of each bridge.

145355216_ScreenShot2012-04-13at1_13_18PM.jpg.7489c611e305943db979b1327a8eee91.jpg

1789188812_ScreenShot2012-04-13at1_10_52PM.jpg.095fb3a66675abd054b3d29ea9029934.jpg

Thank you both so much. it's the Carlton on the grand. I wanted the centre of Venice and the Travel agent (on-line, i won't mention their name, suffice to say it's a rival forum to this one. )assured me this was very close to St Marks. :confused: She did try to put us in Mestre and didn't realise that that was not in Venice untill I told her. But you have both put my mind at rest now.

Archived