Cozumel, the beach and a baby

cruzinlisa

We are going to be in Cozumel in a couple of weeks with our 15 month old daughter. I kind of want to make this a beach stop. I originally thought about AI at Mr. Sanchos but I don't know that its worth it because I do not see myself really drinking because of my daughter and watching her. DH would drink but I think it would probably be cheaper just to buy him drinks. I do like the idea of a pool and beach but not enough to pay extra for an AI.

Any suggestions on where to go? Thought about paradise beach, it seems nice. What is the cost of admisssion and what about chairs, umbrella's etc? Is that a good place to go with a small child? Or is a beach a bad idea with a baby?

Also, assuming we have to take a taxi or something to get there (not walk) right? Is it worth bringing her carseat off the ship. She is small and still fits in the infant seat. If there is no way to even install it into a cab, I don't want to lug it around. But I would really hate to get off the ship, go to a cab and be refused service because of not having carseat and have to go back to the ship to get it.

Our family enjoyed Paradise Beach. I think it might be a good choice for you. The cost is $2 to rent the lounge chairs. You have access to the beach and a beautiful new pool. They ask that you spend $10 per person on food and drink while you're there (very yummy drinks). The cost is $12 if you want the wristband for the water/beach toys (I prefer to chill on the beach, so I've not used the toys). I've not been back since they installed the pool, but I hear it's terrific. Use cash instead of plastic, as they add a 20% charge to your credit card.

The beach is not a bad idea for your daughter. You might want to head down to the dollar store and purchase a small shovel and pail for baby so she can play in the sand to her heart's content.

I'm not sure about bringing her carseat off the ship--I don't have experience with that.

I've had cabs with working seat belts and some with belts cut or knotted. :(

Be safe and bring the car seat and insist to the cab dispatcher (he's running the line of cabs at the pier) that you get a cab with working seatbelts. Tip the driver a little extra to make up for the time spent installing and uninstalling the seat. ;) Good luck! :)

I'm taking my kids on our cruise next week so I've done a lot of research about this. We are going to paradise beach, and taking a cab. My youngest is 3. The seatbelt laws are different (maybe non-existant) in Mexico so you do not have to have a car seat. If you feel you want one, you will need to take your own. We personally, are not taking ours. I'm very safety conscious, but this is one instance we are going to go without one.

• 1 year later...
How far is paradise beach? Could you walk? We are also with an infant. I would prefer to take him via stroller and avoid the whole car seat issue.

You will need a taxi. If your ship docks at Puerto Maya or International pier you can walk to El Cid or Park Royal hotels and get a day pass.

How far is paradise beach? Could you walk? We are also with an infant. I would prefer to take him via stroller and avoid the whole car seat issue.

Paradise Beach and most of the other nearby beach clubs (Mr. Sanchos, Nachi Cocom, Play Mia, etc. are a 15 minute cab ride from the piers -- they are not walkable. Car seats in cabs are not that much of an issue - better safe than sorry!

Do you know how much the day pass is at El Cid or Park Royal?

Ok, I think I got the answer. Or at least one -- Park Royal was $40 per person per day.

Still looking for El Cid.

We would prefer a non- AI as we are travelling with our baby and will not be drinking enough to make it worth while plus I don't see the point in eating a 3* Mexican resort food when I have delish cruise food!

;)

Ok, I think I got the answer. Or at least one -- Park Royal was $40 per person per day.

Still looking for El Cid.

We would prefer a non- AI as we are travelling with our baby and will not be drinking enough to make it worth while plus I don't see the point in eating a 3* Mexican resort food when I have delish cruise food!

;)

Here are a couple of threads that may help you. Not much beach at el Cid but there are some sandy areas which would suffice for some digging and sand play if the baby is old enough. If you use google images you will find photos of the small sandy cove. We like spending a few hours at El Cid to get off the ship for a while but near enough to return to the ship if necessary with no transport costs.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1911436

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39964508&postcount=6

We will be in Cozumel the week of January 13th for a stop, cruising on the Carnival Ecstacy. We'll have our 4 kids (14, 13, 11 and 18mon). Not sure I want to commit to a taxi and a beach club because of the little one, so El Cid seems like a good option for some "beach" time and snorkeling for the kids. Hopefully it's not too overrun with all of us cruise ship folk!

El Cid - did email me back - $48 pp for adults, $27 pp for kids 5 and up. It is AI but does not include premium alcohol or premium food.

I think there is a non AI option for $18 with a $9 credit at the restaurant but I am getting clarification on that one.

El Cid - did email me back - $48 pp for adults, $27 pp for kids 5 and up. It is AI but does not include premium alcohol or premium food.

I think there is a non AI option for $18 with a $9 credit at the restaurant but I am getting clarification on that one.

Yes we have always done the non-AI or PAYG. Not sure if the second is still available.

We are going to be in Cozumel in a couple of weeks with our 15 month old daughter. I kind of want to make this a beach stop. I originally thought about AI at Mr. Sanchos but I don't know that its worth it because I do not see myself really drinking because of my daughter and watching her. DH would drink but I think it would probably be cheaper just to buy him drinks. I do like the idea of a pool and beach but not enough to pay extra for an AI.

Mr. Sanchos can be done pay-as-you-go.

IIRC, El Cid does not have a beach entry, though they do have a sand area.

Mr. Sanchos can be done pay-as-you-go.

IIRC, El Cid does not have a beach entry, though they do have a sand area.

I stated above that there wasn't much beach and suggested the poster looked at Google images to get some idea of the sandy cove. The poster specificsllay asked for somewhere they could walk to and these two hotels are certainly the closest and easiest with a stroller. It really depends on how old the child is and how much room they need to run around. When we took our 2 year old grandson to Cozumel we went to the Allegro Hotel on a AI day pass because they have a nice children's splash pool which is not as extensive as Playa Mia but is certainly quieterand also a nice beach area.

ToursPlaza have car seats available but having a private car for 3 hours is obviously a much more expensive option and would only work if you wanted to visit several different locations.