I believe the coupon book you're talking about is on the web site

www.entertainment.com

These books are full of coupons that you can use around the port city from where your ship leaves. I got one for New Orleans and it is packed with 2 for 1 coupons and discounts for meals, cruises, tours, shopping, entertainment, etc. It has some discount coupons for NCL (up to $200/cabin) and Carnival (up to $100 per cabin) in it. Most of the coupons expire November 2005, but the coupon books are on sale big time right now. The New Orleans one is only $9.99 now because the new ones are being printed for 2006. If you're interested just get on the web site I have listed above and find the city you're interested in (you don't need a zipcode). You can look through the coupons that they offer in the book online, (there are also printable coupons to print right before you go on your trip too) and see if it interests you before you order. Hope this helps!!!:)

I believe that some lines give repeat cruisers some coupons on board..as well as in the mail. (Not sure about carnival)

ALSO...I would guess that there will be port & shopping talks on your ship. Usually the shopping guide person will sell books for discounts and free stuff...I bought one (silly me...) BUT i had a blast getting all the free stuff...totes, gemstones, etc.

I got a coupon book on the LEgend-- it was a bonus for booking early- THese were not free coupons but we had to buy something in order to get something.

Ex--a free vest upgrade with a tux rental. A free soverneir glass with a purchase of a drink of the day. stuff like that. Not worth searching for.. and definetly not worth bidding on ebay for one. (saw someone bid 10 bucks for this book--are people crazy??)

Maybe you are thinking of the coupons books you can pick up before boarding? I have been on a dozen cruises and there have always been a stack of free coupon books available. Most of them are found either in the waiting area or right before you board. HTH

• 2 weeks later...
Where do you get these coupon books at that I keep reading about? What type of coupons are in them? We are hoping to be on Carnival the end of Sept. or first of Oct. 2005. This is our first cruise.

Thanks

Michelle

Heymom3200 - I have a coupon from the Entertainment Book for $100 off a 7 day cruise or $50 off a shorter cruise. It is for new 2005 bookings only. I'm not going to use it and would be glad to throw it in the mail. My email address is CathyOO@aol.com. Let me know if you are interested.

Michelle. First, let me tell you there are different types of coupon books.:D

1) There is the 'entertainment book' some are talking about. You have to pay for these. Most every large city in the USA has them.

2) There are the "$300 Savings" coupon books that a lot of travel agencies use as a promotion to get your business. These books contain very little in savings, as it's usually buy-one-get-one-free type offers. Most everything is already included in the cost of your cruise - example: free champagne at art auctions (champagne is always comp at the art auctions).

3) Most ships have small coupon booklets they hand you as you board the ship - for discounts on spa services, etc.

Someone mentioned N.O. - If you will go to http://neworleansonline.com/ at the top right of the page, you'll see "Get a copy of the Good Times Guide". It will be sent to you at no charge, has a wealth of information, and lots of coupons for hotels, restaurants, bars/lounges, sightseeing tours, etc. :)

Archived