Was anyone on the Legend Mar 20, 2005 (Caribbean)

BostonBrahmin

Hi Denyse,

I am afraid we have just been lurking as we arrived back home last week complete with a great big dose of the FLU!!! It has been nearly impossible to think let alone post!!! Feeling much better now though, still have not seen the family for fear of infecting them!!!

Pride was good, weather was beautiful, managed the full 5 weeks without rain!!! Saw a distinct difference with the age group on the Pride seeming much older, they gave the Legend passengers probably 20 years!

Sorry to read about your flight home, that must have been horendous.

Don't want to give too many comparisons between the 2 ships as they are only personal opinions and the way things are going on this board someone will only shoot me down, probably the new "host" now that he has learnt how to spell April backwards :-)

Kathryn

Hi Kathryn,

Sorry to hear that you were ill the past week. Must have been all that champagne you guys consumed for a month!!! ;-) When you are up to it, would love to hear more about the itinerary you followed on the Pride.

Yes, our new host spells April backwards quite well!

Regards to you and Brian, and welcome back to the real world. ;-(

Denyse

Hi Denyse

The Pride itinerary was fantastic, personal opinion yet again!!! We loved Seville, we ordered breakfast in the cabin so we could sail up the river to Seville, this had been cancelled on a previous Pride sailing a couple of years ago. It was a great experience. We arrived to greet the Legend who had already been there 24hrs, what can I say?? We walked along the dock and Marcin, Jan, Rasheed etc were hung over the Verandah shouting at us, it made us feel very special and very proud to be a part of the Seabourn family. Not sure what the other Pride guests were thinking but who cares?? It was so peculiar to go in the verandah for breakfast, same surroundings but different staff!!! Not too different, they soon got used to us!?

Cueta. Malaga, Palma de Majorca, Valencia and Barcelona, what can I say??? They were all fantastic but the food back on board was even better!! I thought Raphael was fantastic on the Legend but Pascal who was Raphael's teacher was perhaps better? Maybe I need to try again?? So close!!!!!!

If you like the look of this cruise then do not have second thoughts, it is a fantastic itinerary.

I would just like to say to Shelagh (you know who you are), if you are reading this then STOP LURKING AND COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK and tell us what you think!!

Kathryn

Hi Kathryn!

It was great to finally meet you! Sorry about your flu, am glad your feeling a bit better. I have to thank Brian with the "April" thing.! That was so much fun!

Take care,

Host Dan

HI Kathryn,

Thanks for the great post. The itinerary sounds lovely, and very similar to the one the Legend followed as well. In fact, there are a few photos on the Captain's web site where the 2 ships were side by side in port. I'll bet you liked the double sinks!

I have a wonderful photo of Brian with Chief Little Stick, which I would be happy to email to you. Did I give you my card? I don't believe I have yours.

Denyse

Hey Kathryn~~~Sooo happy to hear you enjoyed the Pride! (sorry to hear of your "flu bug!") We enjoyed Chef Pascal, as well. I've had the pleasure of sailing with him before....grrreat food! How did you enjoy Jan and David E? And was cutie Karl still aboard? He was to disembark and go home for his well deserved vacation, but I'm not certain of the date. We had a LIVELY Crossing......there was never a dull moment! Lots of parties.....mucho "Club evenings!" All but 14 were Club members, which was so nice........many happy reunions!

And you are so right about the "age group".......I think the Pride attracts a 'lit

older group of Seabourn-ites. I met soooo many wonderful Sailor's this Cross....

they added "fun and flair" to our voyage. Two couples (one from Scotland, a REAL ROYAL, Sir and Lady were delightful) were dancers.....cut "quite a rug" on the floor! They both booked the 2006 Pride Crossing on board!

Welcome Home! Get well soon......and get ready to book another voyage!

Martita

Denyse,

The sisters looked wonderful together in Seville and I have been following the Captain's website where he has photographed the event a couple more times!

I am afraid that I prefer just the one sink, it gives more room to put all my bits and peices down. I do like to have the bathroom to myself so really only need the one sink :-).

It would be great if you could send me the photo of Brian with Chief Littlestick, it was so ironic that he turned out to be the refrigeration engineer and had been investigating the rotting cabbage smell! I am sorry that we did not give you our card, the end of the cruise came upon us so fast, we did not even say goodbye to a lot of people!! My email address is as follows:

kathryn askham "at" hotmail dot com (hope you can translate it).

Dan,

It was great to finally meet up, will you still speak to us lowly posters now that you are impotent (is that how you spell it?)

Martha,

Thanks for your good wishes, I would never have believed that flu could last so long, just wish we could shake it off!

We have known Jan and David E for a few years now and it was great to see them again. Jan's husband, Dan, joined her in Seville so she was very happy!!! David met up with Eric in Seville, they said they had not actually seen each other for over 2 years so it was a wonderful opportunity for them

Karl was still there, he never stopped rushing around!

We are doing the return Transatlantic in November, but it would be wonderful if we could squeeze another one in before then. Things here though are a little topsy turvy so we will just have to wait and see. What about you? Have you anything other than the New York Party cruise booked?

Kathryn

Kathryn~~~~Do get well! If we don't have our health, we don't have anything!

I knew of the "Sister's" berthing together.....was in touch with the Pride ship.

I would have loved to have been there......perhaps I'll be able to view your Captain's photos!

I have booked (so far) 4 voyages......decided not to cruise this summer as I've quite a bit on my plate for the next few months. I will be meeting the "Herman's Gang" in New York in Sept.......there are about 12 of us that have planned this 'lit jaunt since last Sept. (dear Herman, was also booked) I'll stay on for the next 7 days, possibly 14, as it's difficult to fly from Quebec City to San Antonio.

I have good friends that I will join.......am anxious to see and be with them.

Again~~~~WELCOME HOME!

Martita

Hi Kathryn,

I was on the Legend when we were together with the Pride in Seville. I came over to the Pride to say hello to Laura Salerno, Andreas and Stanley. Missed Laura, but left a note and she came and found me on the Legend that afternoon. A couple from the Pride came over and had lunch on the Legend. I think there was a lot of back and forth that day between both guests and staff.

I thought it was great leaving Seville that evening. I was standing next to Eric DeGray on deck and it was so nice to see David Green in the front of the ship and then see Jan towards the aft and just waving and shouting to everyone.

I could not believe the weather. We were so lucky as it was raining every where besides the Iberian Peninsula. I loved our itinerary and I really liked Gibraltar (everybody told me I would not) but of course, where ever I am, as long as its on Seabourn, I'm happy.

Bon voyage

Cruisr,

As you were visiting the Pride we were probably on the legend! We went back to see everyone as we had only just left them a few days earlier. We were extremely lucky with the weather, it was beutiful ALL the way.

I am sure our paths will cross one day on a Seabourn ship!

Kathryn

Your mentions of all our wonderful "favorite" (every one on staff!) Seabourn friends have made us so homesick! Sorry about the flu but FYI have been "with flu" for three weeks now--think we are, finally, coming out of it. Be careful as it seems to been gone and slams back! Flu shot useless this time. Re: Host Dan AKA CruiserDan--he is the BEST, regardless of spelling!! Champagne wishes and best love to all of our Seabourn friends!

Hi Daneite,

Have just read your post of April 29 and have STOPPED LURKING AND HAVE COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK!!! Sorry to hear that both of you were ill after the Pride cruise - definitely too much champagne. Haven't replied before as have been in France with family and have just got back. Had a great time but not to be compared with a Seabourn cruise. The Pride cruise was absolutely fantastic but Seabourn cruises always are. We were very lucky with the weather weren't we and the ports of call were great and the staff and the food etc.etc. Have looked at the website you recommended but haven't booked anything else apart from July 31st to Norwegian Fjords although we have been tempted.

Hello also to Crazycruiseone - remember us (Shelagh and Larry) from last summer on the Spirit from Rome to Istanbul and our dinner the last night at the Ciragan Palace with Joe and Marilyn?

Hello Shelagh!!

It was great meeting you again and yes we were extremely lucky with the weather, we could not believe it! Everyone else had rain apart from us!! I am sure we will be "bumping" into you again on Seabourn!

cruisecrazyone

Thank You!! Just thought we had finally shaken this thing and WHAM just as you predicted I am "dying" again. Luckily for Brian he seems ok at the moment, he is keeping his fingers crossed.

Daneite

Archived