Delta Flat Beds

Chesie

Can anyone help with the 1-2-1 configuration for the flat beds? Can the two people in the middle see/talk to each other or is there a barrier when they are in the sitting position? JFK to Heathrow route

Thank you

I wondered about the same thing since we are flying Delta later this coming Fall. The 2 midddle seats allow visiting and are side by side on the 767-400. You can also see samples of this on U-Tube. Google Thompson Solutions flat bed seats Delta . There are a couple of videos to watch. Hope this helps

Can anyone help with the 1-2-1 configuration for the flat beds? Can the two people in the middle see/talk to each other or is there a barrier when they are in the sitting position? JFK to Heathrow route

Thank you

Which aircraft ? We flew on DL 777-200LR in the flat bed pods B&C and there was a high wall barrier between us..Next time I will opt for A&B or C&D..But other than that they were great..very comfortable...Look at your seat plan closely as there is also some mismatching alignment that is much more noticable once onboard...Enjoy !!!

Quilter has it nailed. The 767 bed is the Thompson in a staggered all-aisle-access design. The leg box can feel a bit constraining, but they are far better than the old barcaloungers in BE. The 777 is the herringbone design, and yes, B and C are facing away from each other. DL is changing that for the 747, with the center seats angled towards each other, with the window seats facing the window rather than the aisle.

Which aircraft ? We flew on DL 777-200LR in the flat bed pods B&C and there was a high wall barrier between us..Next time I will opt for A&B or C&D..But other than that they were great..very comfortable...Look at your seat plan closely as there is also some mismatching alignment that is much more noticable once onboard...Enjoy !!!

Sorry! Listed as 767-400, 10 rows of 1-2-1

Perhaps it might be good to separate out, and list, the various BE seating on Delta.

1) 777 - This is a full-flat bed, with a 1-2-1 pod configuration that is in a herringbone style. There is no good pairing for couples, as the center seats face away from each other, you are very blocked off as a pair on the window, and two across the aisle still has significant distance, especially when reclined. Although you don't face each other, my choice as a pair would be the center. Across the aisle, any conversation would be disturbing (and overheard) by others around you.

2) 330 - This is a horizontal "slant-board" seat in a 2-2-2 config. Although the seat goes "flat", it is angled to the horizontal. Some flyers have no problem with this, others feel they slide to the foot rest. The seat can also be adjusted to a barcalounger position if you don't want full flat.

3) 747 - This is currently a barcalounger style seat in a 2-2, 2-2-2, or 2-3-2 layout, depending on where you are in the plane. This is being converted to a flat-bed herringbone, so seating is dependent on the aircraft assigned for your flight. The herringbone is reversed from the 777, as the window seats now face the window (rather than the aisle) and the center seats face each other.

4) 757 - This is another barcalounger style in a 2-2 configuration. DL only operates a few 757s internationally, either within Asia or on thin routes across the Atlantic.

5) 767 - This is the big "confusion plane". Just as there are many versions of the 757 in DL's domestic fleet, the 767 is the wild-card internationally. The original seating was a narrow barcalounger in a 2-2-2 configuration. This was first replaced on the 767-400s with the Thompson 1-2-1 "all-aisle" staggered flat beds. All flights into LHR are with the 400s and they also appear on other routes. The 767-300s are gradually being converted over to the same seating, but there is no absolute pattern on which routes will get the flat beds. It may even vary from day to day during the week. DL is working to change over all 767s to the new config, but your particular flight may or may not have it. Also, because both configs have 36 BE seats, equipment may be swapped and seating changed.

Hope this helps out a bit. Any other questions, just fire away.

Perhaps it might be good to separate out, and list, the various BE seating on Delta.

1) 777 - This is a full-flat bed, with a 1-2-1 pod configuration that is in a herringbone style. There is no good pairing for couples, as the center seats face away from each other, you are very blocked off as a pair on the window, and two across the aisle still has significant distance, especially when reclined. Although you don't face each other, my choice as a pair would be the center. Across the aisle, any conversation would be disturbing (and overheard) by others around you.

2) 330 - This is a horizontal "slant-board" seat in a 2-2-2 config. Although the seat goes "flat", it is angled to the horizontal. Some flyers have no problem with this, others feel they slide to the foot rest. The seat can also be adjusted to a barcalounger position if you don't want full flat.

3) 747 - This is currently a barcalounger style seat in a 2-2, 2-2-2, or 2-3-2 layout, depending on where you are in the plane. This is being converted to a flat-bed herringbone, so seating is dependent on the aircraft assigned for your flight. The herringbone is reversed from the 777, as the window seats now face the window (rather than the aisle) and the center seats face each other.

4) 757 - This is another barcalounger style in a 2-2 configuration. DL only operates a few 757s internationally, either within Asia or on thin routes across the Atlantic.

5) 767 - This is the big "confusion plane". Just as there are many versions of the 757 in DL's domestic fleet, the 767 is the wild-card internationally. The original seating was a narrow barcalounger in a 2-2-2 configuration. This was first replaced on the 767-400s with the Thompson 1-2-1 "all-aisle" staggered flat beds. All flights into LHR are with the 400s and they also appear on other routes. The 767-300s are gradually being converted over to the same seating, but there is no absolute pattern on which routes will get the flat beds. It may even vary from day to day during the week. DL is working to change over all 767s to the new config, but your particular flight may or may not have it. Also, because both configs have 36 BE seats, equipment may be swapped and seating changed.

Hope this helps out a bit. Any other questions, just fire away.

OK you just became my new BFF! DL3 states 767-400 1-2-1. Do you think I am better off with the two center seats or window and across aisle? Don't want to leave DH in the dust but I want to be considerate with the noise level across the aisle

A good place to do research when it comes to seating charts is seatguru.

Thank you. I've used seaguru many a time but with this when I type in the flight the two middle seats look "staggered" so I wasn't sure if there was a partition between the two or even next to each other.

Thank you. I've used seaguru many a time but with this when I type in the flight the two middle seats look "staggered" so I wasn't sure if there was a partition between the two or even next to each other.

As said earlier on the 767 1-2-1 configurations you should be fine, in the 10-row setup the B-C seats are next to each other despite how they look on SeatGuru. The only issue there is where the partition between the seats lies, for lack of a better description. For all of them there is an equipment space of about 1 foot across between the seats, but then there's another space on the outside of one of the seats, if that makes sense, and the other seat will be open to the aisle. MrWeezer prefers the seat open to the aisle as he's too tall to 'lie flat' in the lie flat seats and needs to bend his knees out towards the aisle...IIRC the B seats in odd number rows are open to the aisle.

Picture:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/files/News-images/Delta/DELTvantage0809_04_505.jpg

However, in the non-updated (2-2-2) format I will caution you to stay away from seats 1 C&E on the 763-G aircraft with 5 rows in BizElite (former Gulf Air ships). SeatGuru is incorrect on this format - if the DL seat chart shows 5 rows up front don't pick middle seats in row 1. There is limited legroom on the bulkhead, trust me, I'm 5'5" & my feet hit the bulkhead when reclined. Not sure how the legroom or # of rows in BizElite may change when those aircraft are updated.

And, of course, monitor your flight close enough to be sure there isn't an equipment change that would impact your seating.

OK you just became my new BFF! DL3 states 767-400 1-2-1. Do you think I am better off with the two center seats or window and across aisle? Don't want to leave DH in the dust but I want to be considerate with the noise level across the aisle

You should take the 2 together in the center. Great couples seats, though not as good as the double-bed first class suite on Singapore Airlines. Much closer than across the aisle and you have the whole row to yourselves. If you look at the pic posted, you can see the space between the two seats. That's where the tray table is stored, plus it gives a nice flat area for you to use as a work/storage surface. It is also the area above the footwell used by the passenger behind you, thus the staggering from side to side.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no permanent partition between those two seats, just the rigid seatback shells.

And for a look at how the other 0.000005% live, here are shots of the SQ suite:

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/06/70/10/1802767/3/628x471.jpg

http://media.katu.com/images/071025_A380_suite.jpg

As said earlier on the 767 1-2-1 configurations you should be fine, in the 10-row setup the B-C seats are next to each other despite how they look on SeatGuru. The only issue there is where the partition between the seats lies, for lack of a better description. For all of them there is an equipment space of about 1 foot across between the seats, but then there's another space on the outside of one of the seats, if that makes sense, and the other seat will be open to the aisle. MrWeezer prefers the seat open to the aisle as he's too tall to 'lie flat' in the lie flat seats and needs to bend his knees out towards the aisle...IIRC the B seats in odd number rows are open to the aisle.

Picture:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/files/News-images/Delta/DELTvantage0809_04_505.jpg

However, in the non-updated (2-2-2) format I will caution you to stay away from seats 1 C&E on the 763-G aircraft with 5 rows in BizElite (former Gulf Air ships). SeatGuru is incorrect on this format - if the DL seat chart shows 5 rows up front don't pick middle seats in row 1. There is limited legroom on the bulkhead, trust me, I'm 5'5" & my feet hit the bulkhead when reclined. Not sure how the legroom or # of rows in BizElite may change when those aircraft are updated.

And, of course, monitor your flight close enough to be sure there isn't an equipment change that would impact your seating.

Great Pic. That explains it all. Many Thanks!

You should take the 2 together in the center. Great couples seats, though not as good as the double-bed first class suite on Singapore Airlines. Much closer than across the aisle and you have the whole row to yourselves. If you look at the pic posted, you can see the space between the two seats. That's where the tray table is stored, plus it gives a nice flat area for you to use as a work/storage surface. It is also the area above the footwell used by the passenger behind you, thus the staggering from side to side.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no permanent partition between those two seats, just the rigid seatback shells.

And for a look at how the other 0.000005% live, here are shots of the SQ suite:

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/06/70/10/1802767/3/628x471.jpg

http://media.katu.com/images/071025_A380_suite.jpg

I know I don't have enough points for that! I guess that is another thing to add to my bucket list! Thanks for your time to respond

Archived