bringing non alcoholic beverages

SCR

I have been searching the sites and I am finding some very conflicting information regarding what I can bring as beverages and why I would want to bring beverages.

I am thinking that I would like to bring some soda and some bottled water with me. According to the website I can bring an amount that is not excessive. What is excessive?

Also, is there room in the cabin (ov guaranteed) for a rolling cooler on wheels? If not, how do you all keep your drinks cold?

If water (non bottled) is free on board, why would I want to bring my own bottled water? Can I bring a big plastic mug from home, fill it up with free water or tea and walk around with it on the ship?

I know I am clueless...this is my first cruise and I would rather spend my $$$ on mixed drinks, beer, and wine than on "daytime" drinks.

Thanks for the help

Yes, there is room for a cooler, although a rolling cooler with wheels seems kind of large and cumbersome to travel with. You could get one of those collapsible plastic ones and have your room steward fill it with ice each day.

As far as what is excessive, I'm not really sure if there is an exact definition. A lot of people report bringing a case of soda with no problems.

Bottled water - I have a friend who absolutely will not drink tap water in any form. When we go out to eat, she drinks sodas or Evian or nothing at all. If you're fine with the Carnival water (it tastes perfectly fine with no aftertaste), then the plastic mug is the way to go. You might want to bring a bottle or two of water though for when you go onshore.

In reply to some of your ?? - I brought about 7 canned sodas on board - packed in my suitcases - because I NEED a Mountain Dew in the morning - I know - crazy - but it is my coffee............:p

Anyway - after that I drink lots of water ALL day - the water is fine.......or just ask for lemon or lime wedges.

Our lovely room stewards kept 2 large ice buckets filled all week with ice for me - just for asking ONCE! Loved those sweet sweet people! I saw lots of people with large insulated mugs walking around with them and at the juice/tea/water stations getting 'filled' up.........it is totally fine. Also if you are a canned soda person - like me - bring a insulated "coolie"/wrap thingie for your cans - they get hot QUICK! Just my advice here.

Robin

Get a small collapseable cooler. Youwill have to check the ones with wheels anyways coz it will be too big to get through the security scanner.

We have each carried on a 12 pack of pepsi . We didnt even drink half of it last cruise and gave it to the cabin steward on the last morning

We found a folding cooler with wheels and a pull up handle like a suitcase. It held 20 to 25 canned drinks. I filled it with Coke and Mt Dew and wrapped it with packaging tape, wrote my name and cabin number on it and a luggage tag. I checked it with my other luggage and it was the first thing to showup in our cabin. I left a sticky note for the cabin steward and it was always full of ice. At the end of the cruise there were about 6-8 drinks left over whcih we gave to the steward along with a tip. Folded the cooler up and attached it to my other luggage.

On a prior vacation we had insulated mugs from a Disney water park. We took those everywhere on the ship sometimes with their drinks sometimes with ours.

No one ever asked us abouit them but we did get lots of " Man I wished I had one of those" comments.

Happy Sailing

We take 8 to 10 bottles of bottled water for our group of 4 - we take these off the ship - bring the empties back and refill them for the next port. Much cheaper then buying water onboard or on the island. The water on the ship is fine and we drink that while on the ship.

Bottled water - I have a friend who absolutely will not drink tap water in any form. When we go out to eat, she drinks sodas or Evian or nothing at all. If you're fine with the Carnival water (it tastes perfectly fine with no aftertaste), then the plastic mug is the way to go. You might want to bring a bottle or two of water though for when you go onshore.

I always find it funny when someone does not drink tap water, but they drink soda that is not in a can. Soda that is from a fountain usually is mixed with tap water. :)

I love bottled water and don't perfer tap water. We use a RO/DI system in our home to ensure our water is good (we have VERY bad water here in FL). I think Carnival's water is very good for "tap water".

Archived