OBC Question

CRUISE4JANE

It depends on why you're getting the OBC. For instance, my shareholder OBC was only on my account statement. It wasn't split three ways. Our TA gave us OBC. The amount for the cabin was split between our accounts.

And also how you decide to split the cost of the cabin it totally up to you. If there are three adults sharing a cabin, I think each one should pay an equal amount. Just because Carnival says that the fare for the third person is a lower amount does not mean that person should only pay half. Otherwise the first two people could just decide to leave the third one at home since they'd be paying the same amount for a cabin for two and not have to bother sharing it with a third person.

I am traveling with my sisters family and our boys, 2 mine and 1 hers, are sharing a cabin we split the cost 3 ways and I am paying 2/3 of it. As it should be. Otherwise who decides who the 3rd person is that gets to pay the lower rate? Everything should be split 3 ways. IMO.

I am traveling with my sisters family and our boys, 2 mine and 1 hers, are sharing a cabin we split the cost 3 ways and I am paying 2/3 of it. As it should be. Otherwise who decides who the 3rd person is that gets to pay the lower rate? Everything should be split 3 ways. IMO.

If you book on the ccl website it just the same price for all in the cabin no matter if it's 2,3, or 4.

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I have decided to just split the OBC three ways. I didn't know if Carnival separated the amount and put a little on each name or not. Never got an OBC before. Since 2 or paying more, I didn't know if they got more of the OBC or not. :confused:

If you book on the ccl website it just the same price for all in the cabin no matter if it's 2,3, or 4.

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Mine has different prices for the third and fourth.

Sent from my MID1125 using Tapatalk 2

Okay, when you get an OBC and there are 3 in the cabin, how do you divide it? Does Carnival do that or you do it yourself? Two are paying the full amount and the 3rd is basically half price. :confused:

First off, what is the OBC due to?

Second, Carnival usually divides OBC due to ES price drop equally between Passengers 1 and 2.

OBC due to shareholder stocks or FCV certificate is usually held in the name of the stockholder or certificate holder.

We are a family of 3 in the cabin. Mom Dad and teenage son. We have $250 in OBC. All of our S&S cards will be funded by one source (cash or 1 credit card). I assumed we would work off the OBC first and then start using our own funds. Is that correct?

That is true...but, keep in mind your husbands card will have half the credit, and yours will have half the credit...son will have none. So, your son will be drawing off the cash. Once each you and your husband have used up your OBC you will start drawing off cash. Personally I think the way this is done stinks:eek:

That is true...but, keep in mind your husbands card will have half the credit, and yours will have half the credit...son will have none. So, your son will be drawing off the cash. Once each you and your husband have used up your OBC you will start drawing off cash. Personally I think the way this is done stinks:eek:

Thanks so much for the clarification. That will work for us but it would be nice if they would give the 3rd person part of the credit to start out with.

how much is the OBC, usually the "head" person of the room gets the OBC placed on their account

It says on Fare Viewer $100 off PG, but the price that it shows is $80 less than what I paid.

Thanks so much for the clarification. That will work for us but it would be nice if they would give the 3rd person part of the credit to start out with.

Yeah, I think so too.

Archived