Chilkoot Charters and cost...is it just me?

missouri01

I cannot find prices for any of their tours online. This is the first time I have seen a reservation form that collects credit card info without giving some indication of pricing. :confused:

I noticed that so I called them and got the necessary info. Basically, they are catering to cruise ship passengers, not walk-ons.

DON

Here's some information they sent me for the 7 1/2 hr Bus/Rail tour. If you haven't already done so, it would be a good idea to compare this to what your cruise ship's price would be. For other information just email them or give them a call.

Yukon Bus & Rail Excursion (lunch included)

Duration: 7.5 Hours

Departure: 7:30AM (Depart Skagway by train)

Departure: 8:30AM (Depart Skagway by bus)

Cost: $176.00 Adult $116.00 Child (12 & Under)

Lunch Included: BBQ chicken, baked potato, coleslaw, dinner roll, cake doughnuts, coffee, tea, water

Admission to the Yukon Wildlife Museum and Husky Puppy Camp also included

Itinerary: Skagway/White Pass Summit /Fraser by train - 1 3/4 hours on train to Fraser, Fraser to Carcross & Emerald Lake and return to Skagway by bus

Chilkoot Charters & Tours offers a full service package with all of its excursions. This means that all of the applicable components of the excursion are included in the already discounted excursion price as well as U.S. and Canadian sales taxes. Our passengers also enjoy the convenience of courtesy transportation to and from all cruise ship docks in Skagway . Lunch accommodations for the 7.5 hour excursions, train tickets and ground transportation for all excursions have been pre-arranged for you so there is no waiting in line to purchase anything once you arrive in Skagway . Just meet us at the dock and we are ready to go!

Please feel free to contact us should you have any further questions. Reservations may be made by visiting our web site at http://www.chilkootcharters.com and completing our online reservation form. Once we receive a reservation request, we will respond with an email confirmation that includes meeting and pickup instructions. Tour payment will be processed at the time the reservation is confirmed.

Regards,

Stacy Gould

CHILKOOT CHARTERS & TOURS

Skagway, Alaska

I cannot find prices for any of their tours online. This is the first time I have seen a reservation form that collects credit card info without giving some indication of pricing. :confused:

Just email them and they will give you the pricing information.

There is a thread here as well that contains the pricing information for all of their train/bus tours.

Here's some information they sent me for the 7 1/2 hr Bus/Rail tour. If you haven't already done so, it would be a good idea to compare this to what your cruise ship's price would be. For other information just email them or give them a call.

Yukon Bus & Rail Excursion (lunch included)

Duration: 7.5 Hours

Departure: 7:30AM (Depart Skagway by train)

Departure: 8:30AM (Depart Skagway by bus)

Cost: $176.00 Adult $116.00 Child (12 & Under)

Lunch Included: BBQ chicken, baked potato, coleslaw, dinner roll, cake doughnuts, coffee, tea, water

Admission to the Yukon Wildlife Museum and Husky Puppy Camp also included

Itinerary: Skagway/White Pass Summit /Fraser by train - 1 3/4 hours on train to Fraser, Fraser to Carcross & Emerald Lake and return to Skagway by bus

Chilkoot Charters & Tours offers a full service package with all of its excursions. This means that all of the applicable components of the excursion are included in the already discounted excursion price as well as U.S. and Canadian sales taxes. Our passengers also enjoy the convenience of courtesy transportation to and from all cruise ship docks in Skagway . Lunch accommodations for the 7.5 hour excursions, train tickets and ground transportation for all excursions have been pre-arranged for you so there is no waiting in line to purchase anything once you arrive in Skagway . Just meet us at the dock and we are ready to go!

Please feel free to contact us should you have any further questions. Reservations may be made by visiting our web site at www.chilkootcharters.com and completing our online reservation form. Once we receive a reservation request, we will respond with an email confirmation that includes meeting and pickup instructions. Tour payment will be processed at the time the reservation is confirmed.

Regards,

Stacy Gould

CHILKOOT CHARTERS & TOURS

Skagway, Alaska

I noticed that so I called them and got the necessary info. Basically, they are catering to cruise ship passengers, not walk-ons.

DON

Just email them and they will give you the pricing information.

There is a thread here as well that contains the pricing information for all of their train/bus tours.

Thank you so much, everyone! This is the best board ever!!! Another question. I have read on here that the morning train is great for the information they provide but the afternoon train back has a better chance of having clear views without fog. Which is better??? :( Choices, Choices!!

I thought it strange they didnt have prices advertised? But they come straight back via email with them. I have booked the afternoon train 12 o'clock dep. As we are in Skegway till 9pm it will give us a more leisurely breakfast and morning. :)

Thank you so much, everyone! This is the best board ever!!! Another question. I have read on here that the morning train is great for the information they provide but the afternoon train back has a better chance of having clear views without fog. Which is better??? :( Choices, Choices!!

Nope, no guarantees on "views".

It is more important to book based on using your time best.

You may not have a choice - I requested pricing for a particular date & their information included both morning & afternoon options. When I filled out the form to make reservation for afternoon trip I received a reply that only morning option available for our date. Our ship is the only one in town that day. Luckily it didn't much matter for us - only other activity planned is hiking and maybe self guided walking tour of town.

Archived