Seeking feedback on my excursion choices on Freedom

Jimi123

I'll be sailing Freedom shortly. I just finished booking all my excursions and would like some feedback. I'll be going with a 3 and 6 year old. I know I could save money by taking cabs etc, but we prefer to pay extra and stick with the lines preferred vendors. We're also fairly new to the cruise experience. This is only our 2nd cruise.

St Thomas - Downtown Shopping & Magen's Bay Beach Getaway

Antigua - Beach Escape (Dickinson Beach)

Tortola - Virgin Islands Sailaway (Catamaran and beach)

Nassau - Blue Lagoon Private Island Getaway

Thanks

Although I don't usually do Carnival excursions, those sound good to me. The kids will love Blue Lagoon. Since it is a lagoon, and not open ocean, it will be nice and calm for them. We had trouble finding enough umbrellas by the lagoon, but maybe Carnival assures that you get one (or maybe they're there early enough to grab them up).

We did this cruise in Nov and the staff was excellent! Have fun!

I don't know where they will be taking you for "downtown shopping" in St. Thomas, but we were just there and I was singularly unimpressed. Unless you are looking for jewelry or hard alcohol, there is not much to buy.

With a three and six year old, I would just go to the beach (pick one, all the beaches on St. Thomas are beautiful), which you could do by grabbing a cab right at the port.

The kids would probably also get a kick out of the gondola ride. Never done it, but seems like something kids would like.

I haven't been to any of the other ports, but visiting the ports of call boards is your best bet for advice. Trip advisor is helpful too.

I don't know where they will be taking you for "downtown shopping" in St. Thomas, but we were just there and I was singularly unimpressed. Unless you are looking for jewelry or hard alcohol, there is not much to buy.

With a three and six year old, I would just go to the beach (pick one, all the beaches on St. Thomas are beautiful), which you could do by grabbing a cab right at the port.

The kids would probably also get a kick out of the gondola ride. Never done it, but seems like something kids would like.

I haven't been to any of the other ports, but visiting the ports of call boards is your best bet for advice. Trip advisor is helpful too.

I totally agree on St Thomas downtown. I think your kids would love Paradise Point. You can walk it easily from ship. There are some animals, ferris wheel, jumpy thing, in addition to the tram ride. When my kids were that age we didn't do tours. We usually just went to the beach. This way we could leave when they got tired.

I haven't been to Nassua in years but I think we did Coral World there. I think that is what it was called. We liked it.

We did Blue Lagoon in 2003 and the one side of the island had nice calm water, but the area where we were supose to snorkle had coral and the waves caused us to get cut but the coral ..didn't like that side of the island.

Archived