What items must be carried on?

jcw2462

Can you check all of your luggage with the porters or is there some items other than wine/drinks that you have to carry on? Wondering if my luggage that will contain items such as hair dryer, fan, etc be allowed to go with my other bags so I do not have to keep up with it until cabin is open?

Just remember that your checked bags may not all show up at your cabin until hours later. We always take on a small rolling suitcase with at least one change of clothes, swimsuits, prescription and OTC meds, camera etc.

make sure to pack a change of clothes in your carry on! Got caught in a huge huge huge downpour/flood in San Juan and shoes and clothes were soaked through when we got on the ship. You might not see your main luggage for hours...and wet sneakers and jeans aren't a fun way to start out a trip! ;)

Make sure you have your ID (B/C or passport) with you in your carry-on. There have been a few stories where they had checked their passports and the cruise line had to try and track down the passenger's luggage.

Gregg

Medications, ID, cruise documents, money, electronics, jewelry and other similar items of value. Wine, soda, water if you bring them. I've seen a couple threads on here where someone left an ipad in checked luggage and it wasn't there when it was delivered.

We carry our luggage on, as we pack enough for four days and do laundry at least twice (thanks to being platinum!), so nothing is checked. If we happen to be on another cruise line where we need to dress a notch or two up, then we check one large suitcase with those clothes in there, and bring one smaller suitcase with everything we need.

Hope this helps!

Archived