Anyone use Whalewatchalaska (Cory Mann) or akwhalewatching.com whale watch tour?

MeAgain2222

Hi -

I'm trying to plan some excursions for our upcoming trip to Alaska :) During our port stop in Juneau, there is a "twofer" coupon for two business -

Alaska Whale Watching with whalewatchalaska.com (Cory Mann)

2 hour cruise (website says additional time for travel, so assume 2 hours on water) and

Whale Watching Cruise with akwhalewatching.com (Louis Juergens)

2.5 hour cruse (website says that cruise passengers should allow additional hour for travel time)

Prices are $119 and $159 respectively.

Has anyone been on either of these cruises, and if so, what are your thoughts about them. Numerous Tripadvisor reviews are from people posting one review - on the whale watch sites, so I'm not too sure about their validity....

Thanks!!

I haven't been on either one yet, but we did sign up for Alaska Galore (it's one of the coupons in the toursaver book). When you click on the coupon, it shows you a photo of the Galore boat. The reason I feel pretty confident about it is that I originally signed up with Harv and Marv, who get very good reviews. Harv and Marv were overbooked and put us on the Alaska Galore boat as their overflow boat. So, I'm assuming that it's almost as good as Harv and Marv. I gave my credit card already, so I'll post when after we go in mid-June 2012.

I was a little suspicious about the other company because all of the tripadvisor reviews were written by people who had only written one review. Hmmm. But, I think someone did positively comment on the other company in one of today's or yesterday's threads on Cruise Critic that I read about 10 minutes ago. (Do a search for "Cory" - I think they mentioned his name.)

Thanks Piratesmate! As I'm sure we all are, being on a "limited" budget, we want to get the most bang for our buck, lol. If the 2-fers are worth while, we might as well take advantage of it! Thanks for the info. While Harv and Marv do sound like a friendly and great tour operator, I might have to try the less expensive one too.

I had exactly the same question. I would still like to hear from people who've been on one or both of these trips. I don't want to buy the coupon book until I hear about the companies.

Piratesmate, which ship are you going on? We are on the Volendam in mid-June.

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to let you know I was scammed by him. He charged me on my cc and when I got to the boat he told me my cc didn't go through. He made me pay twice and won't return the money. If you look up stories and legends on trip advisor you can see I'm not the only person to get scammed by Corey Mann

Just wanted to let you know I was scammed by him. He charged me on my cc and when I got to the boat he told me my cc didn't go through. He made me pay twice and won't return the money. If you look up stories and legends on trip advisor you can see I'm not the only person to get scammed by Corey Mann

Do you still have a window of opportunity to dispute one of the charges with your credit card? If so, do it right away.

Hi -

I'm trying to plan some excursions for our upcoming trip to Alaska :) During our port stop in Juneau, there is a "twofer" coupon for two business -

Alaska Whale Watching with whalewatchalaska.com (Cory Mann)

2 hour cruise (website says additional time for travel, so assume 2 hours on water) and

Whale Watching Cruise with akwhalewatching.com (Louis Juergens)

2.5 hour cruse (website says that cruise passengers should allow additional hour for travel time)

Prices are $119 and $159 respectively.

Has anyone been on either of these cruises, and if so, what are your thoughts about them. Numerous Tripadvisor reviews are from people posting one review - on the whale watch sites, so I'm not too sure about their validity....

Thanks!!

There have been very negative reports about your first listed company, with scam reviews like mentioned above. Doing a search on this page should bring those up.

Archived