Helicopter Glacier Landing and Trek-Excursion or Private?

lucyjohnz

We are cruising from Seattle on the Carnival Spirit on August 28th. Are there any private helicopter tours/glacier landings from Juneau or will I have to set up this excursion through the cruise line? Cruise line helicopter tour prices are very high for ANY excursion. When we cruised in 2005, we made our own reservations and saved a little bit.

Also, are there coupons for these types of tours in either of the 2 Alaska coupon books?

Finally, is it really cold there by the end of August and is the weather rainy then? Trying to determine how to pack - I know in layers, but my 2005 cruise was in July and I'm from Texas so I'm probably wimpier than most when it comes to REALLY cold weather.

Thanks for your help!

The difference between private and those thru the cruiseline are small. The major companies have limited number of private, call and be clear about details like transportation to and from the ship. It is really the same company for the cruiseline and the private.

I hear the usage of discount is very limited. Get used to that it'll cost you :eek:

Archived