Caribbean cruises

Murfee33

Yes, hurricane season is May/June to November, which is why you won't find P & O offering Caribbean cruises in the summer. However, the US lines sail there year round and I gather their captains are good at avoiding the hurricanes! You just have to expect a sudden change of itinerary...

The main hurricane season is from around August to October. Any other months the Caribbean is good. However the peak season for holidays is January to April purely because of the cold weather in the northern hemisphere, which attracts people to warmer climes. Prices tend to be higher as a result in this period

Brian

P&O go from October to March. As mentioned earlier Feb/March is best for weather. Last couple of years there have been good last minute offers in Nov and Early Dec but the weather can be a bit iffy. We have always found Feb to be good weather.

We have been 3 times now to the Caribbean. First 2 times - lovely weather. 1st - Jan, 2nd - March. 3rd time was this Feb and weather not as good. Last 3 days just pouring rain! Trouble is not a lot to do in Caribbean when weather bad!

Think whole world weather is very unpredictable these days!

1st time we went, we had a mini quake while we were docked in Guatamala! I was sitting in the smallest room at time! The earth certainly moved!

Thanks to all who took the time to answer my query. I have seen some Caribbean holidays today, so we can browse now, and look for one with ports we haven't already visited before.

Archived