Beach Blanket Recommendations?

Leo Jay

Looking for recommendations for a beach blanket. Relatively light/compact, but comfortable to lie on (at least slightly padded), water-resistant, and sand-repellent.

I bought a NeatSheet years ago, and remember being fairly pleased with its performance, but was wondering if there was anything similar/better out there.

I seen a few made of parachute-type fabric, but they look very thin, not water resistant and not particularly comfortable to lie on.

Thanks.

Thanks! I've held one online so I can check it out in the store. Have you actually used it? Positive reviews, great price! Just curious how comfortable the polyester surface is to lie on... we'll see!

No, we've not used this one, so I can't really give you any first-hand knowledge. We have one that's similar that my DW bought at Eddie Bauer a couple of years ago. Great to have for picnics, the beach, or if you and your sweetie want to sneak off somewhere and get friskie in the woods.:o:D

No, we've not used this one, so I can't really give you any first-hand knowledge. We have one that's similar that my DW bought at Eddie Bauer a couple of years ago. Great to have for picnics, the beach, or if you and your sweetie want to sneak off somewhere and get friskie in the woods.:o:D

Picked it up at BBB last night, looks like it should do the trick! Thanks!

If we go to the beach from a cruise ship, we use the ship's towels and are very careful to be sure and return them.

Exactly. Why take up room in your luggage for something that is provided to you on board the ship?

I bring a flat bed sheet from home. I fold it flat to fit on the bottom of my luggage, it's very lightweight.

Before leaving the beach, I give it a good shake to remove the sand, fold it up and it easily fits in our beachbag.

Archived