Do they broadcast Stanley Cup playoffs onboard in sportsbar??

The answer to your question is NO!

First of all, ESPN does not broadcast NHL hockey. Only local stations such as MSG for the rags, I mean rangers!:D carry the game outside of NBCSports which use to be Versus. After the second round, virtually every game is on NBCSports or NBC which is not carried. The only thing they show on ESPN regarding sports is soccer.

A few years ago we were on the Explorer from NJ to the Caribbean for twleve days during the middle of the second round of playoffs into the third. Not one game was on any off their stations. In fact, unless you paid for internet service it was almost impossible to even get scores.

Enjoy your vacation

ESPN hasn't broadcast hockey in years. I'm getting different responses though, some of you say that the ships carry NBC, some of you say they don't. Guess i'll have to see for myself. Worse comes to worse I go to the internet cafe at the end of the night to check scores. Best case scenario I'm sitting at the sports bar with a beer watching hockey.

YES!... All NHL playoff games are broadcast on the NBC family of networks... NHL hasn't been on ESPN for about 5+ years now. God I would love to go back to the days of Bill Clement, Brian Engblom and Barry Melrose.

Take me back to the days of Gary Thorne and Bill Clement! They knew how to do hockey!

ESPN hasn't broadcast hockey in years. I'm getting different responses though, some of you say that the ships carry NBC, some of you say they don't. Guess i'll have to see for myself. Worse comes to worse I go to the internet cafe at the end of the night to check scores. Best case scenario I'm sitting at the sports bar with a beer watching hockey.

FWIW, I haven't yet been on a RCI ship that carried NBC (specifically NBC, *all* of them had CBS content, though not necessarily live). However, this doesn't mean that this hasn't changed, or that due to some demand, they won't have special reception (as a hockey fan, I would watch if it were on - though my team has already departed for the season). However, you have the best attitude: if it is, I can watch and have a good time, if not I will just have to limit it to just a good time.

Just off the Explorer yesterday, the only chance to find out the NHL scores is to watch the ticker on ESPN2. Otherwise, you can watch soccer or cricket. Oh, and they have TNT too, just in time for the NBA playoffs, ESPN showed the Knicks/Clippers game one night.

So, what many are saying is, maybe. Don;t know why ESPN comes up for hockey broadcasts, they've not be broadcast hockey games for like 5 seasons now, and currently it's all NBC. Though what some said is true, the Eastern market teams are a bigger draw than the West coast teams, NBC says they will broadcast all playoff games over their various NBC related stations/affiliates. Here on the east coast, most eastern conference games on the weekends are broadcast in the afternoon (3pm EST) then west coast teams in the evening. All bets are off during the week. So, RCI does not carry any of the NBC stations, or just the "main" NBC network? No CNBC for example??? We've cruised a few times during the Stanley Cup Playoffs and have caught a few games while sailing, but mostly on the weekends, but that was when VS and NBC were still independent, now that they are one in the same, I was hoping more games could be available.

We're heading out on the Oasis on May 11 and FULLY expect the Flyers to still be playing in the playoffs and hope to catch a game or 2 while sailing, but thats ok if we don't...last time the Flyers were in the playoffs and we were sailing, caught a game or 2 before we sailed, saw no games onboard got back, Flyers made the finals.....but sadly they lost to Chicago in 6 games.

Go Flyers!!!!

For those who have difficulty seeing small print, the last line of this post read...

Flyers made the finals.....but sadly they LOSTto Chicago in 6 games. : )

GO DEVILS!

(Why did Pronger throw the puck into the crowd after game 6? )

For those who have difficulty seeing small print, the last line of this post read...

Flyers made the finals.....but sadly they LOSTto Chicago in 6 games. : )

GO DEVILS!

(Why did Pronger throw the puck into the crowd after game 6? )

Come now, you really think that's what Pronger did with the puck?

Puckgate!

Too bad Philly doesn't have their captain this year, though it looks like they may not need him, or any defense either....

So, what many are saying is, maybe. Don;t know why ESPN comes up for hockey broadcasts, they've not be broadcast hockey games for like 5 seasons now, and currently it's all NBC. Though what some said is true, the Eastern market teams are a bigger draw than the West coast teams, NBC says they will broadcast all playoff games over their various NBC related stations/affiliates. Here on the east coast, most eastern conference games on the weekends are broadcast in the afternoon (3pm EST) then west coast teams in the evening. All bets are off during the week. So, RCI does not carry any of the NBC stations, or just the "main" NBC network? No CNBC for example??? We've cruised a few times during the Stanley Cup Playoffs and have caught a few games while sailing, but mostly on the weekends, but that was when VS and NBC were still independent, now that they are one in the same, I was hoping more games could be available.

We're heading out on the Oasis on May 11 and FULLY expect the Flyers to still be playing in the playoffs and hope to catch a game or 2 while sailing, but thats ok if we don't...last time the Flyers were in the playoffs and we were sailing, caught a game or 2 before we sailed, saw no games onboard got back, Flyers made the finals.....but sadly they lost to Chicago in 6 games.

Go Flyers!!!!

No offense, I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that you DO NOT get to see any games on the ship. I like the end result of your last cruise!!! This time, a different outcome !!!

GO FLYERS!!!!

Archived