Do they broadcast Stanley Cup playoffs onboard in sportsbar??

Traveling May 10 on Explorer of the Seas from New Jersey only problem is the Rangers advanced tonight, so its a possibility this series and possibly the one after may continue through my cruise. I need to get my fix while onboard somehow. Has anyone traveled recently during the playoffs and can confirm they were broadcasting games onboard?? Any help would be appreciated.

Traveling May 10 on Explorer of the Seas from New Jersey only problem is the Rangers advanced tonight, so its a possibility this series and possibly the one after may continue through my cruise. I need to get my fix while onboard somehow. Has anyone traveled recently during the playoffs and can confirm they were broadcasting games onboard?? Any help would be appreciated.

They most likely will not have it, but you could always ask. I am happy the Rangers won by the way. Brandon Prust is the son of one of my friends. Del Zotto played on our local OHL team. As a Canadian I am not missing Ottawa at all. Rangers are just a better team. I hope the Rangers make it to the finals so at that rate you will be back from your cruise.

Now if they face Washington I am also a Dale Hunter fan, as he and his brother own our London Knights OHL Team. If they meet the Flyers that will be one crazy series. Hope you have a great cruise and get to watch some great hockey as well. Wouldn't a cup win be a perfect way to end the year of the Winter Classic? Poor Islander fans, and Leafs..... How many years has it been;)

Poor Islander fans, and Leafs..... How many years has it been;)

Very sad Thrashers fan here. I'll trade with them. :(

We spent a weekend in NYC in Feb and saw the Devils, Rangers, and Islanders. MSG was the best by a mile.

My husband missed the Cup-winning game for the Stars for my 30th bday trip (he was a season ticket holder in Dallas before we moved to Atlanta). He still gets points for that. So if you don't get to see games, maybe you'll get double points. ;)

Go Preds!

Unless it is broadcast on ESPN, it is highly unlikely. RCI ships get their TV via a limited satellite feed that (previously) didn't include channels that carry hockey (missed a week of playoffs last year). However, things might have changed or games will be broadcast on channels that the ship receives. Check with one of the waiters in the Sports bar when you get on.

Good luck to the Rangers!

We spent a weekend in NYC in Feb and saw the Devils, Rangers, and Islanders. MSG was the best by a mile.

My husband missed the Cup-winning game for the Stars for my 30th bday trip (he was a season ticket holder in Dallas before we moved to Atlanta). He still gets points for that. So if you don't get to see games, maybe you'll get double points. ;)

Go Preds!

What a good man you have. If you were only going to Houston that would be a hard choice.... Now if it was a cruise that is a no brainier. Now your trip to NYC sounds like a awesome hockey getaway.

I was on Serenade during the NCAA basketball tournament this year. All of those games were broadcast through the CBS family of networks, of which ESPN is not affiliated. Somehow, the ship was able to broadcast all of the games on ESPN.

If I was to guess, I would say that yes, the Stanley Cup playoffs will be broadcast on the ship. Especially since the cruise is originating in New Jersey.

I was on the Oasis last year during game one of the Stanley Cup Finals & they were showing the game on the NBC channel that the ship carries. So, if the game you want is on NBC & the ship carries the channel, then you should be able to watch it. The funny thing about the NBC channel that the Oasis has, is that it is a station out of Wyoming.

The answer to your question is NO!

First of all, ESPN does not broadcast NHL hockey. Only local stations such as MSG for the rags, I mean rangers!:D carry the game outside of NBCSports which use to be Versus. After the second round, virtually every game is on NBCSports or NBC which is not carried. The only thing they show on ESPN regarding sports is soccer.

A few years ago we were on the Explorer from NJ to the Caribbean for twleve days during the middle of the second round of playoffs into the third. Not one game was on any off their stations. In fact, unless you paid for internet service it was almost impossible to even get scores.

Enjoy your vacation

it will depend on what can be picked up by the satellite and whcih way the ship is heading...if the ship is heading south porbably not...but you'll see plenty of of espn deportes and lots of soccer...goooooaaaalllll...if the ship is heading north much better chnace...all of the games are now on nbc sports and some of the other nbc affiliates...you have a better chnace of seeing it in one of the lounges vs your cabin...becuase in the lounge they can play with the satellite...in your cabin no such luck...best of luck to the broadway blues...maybe mr gaborik will wake up for the playoffs...he's been a non factor so far...and maybe the devils can force 6 or 7 games on the flyers...but they won't beat them 4 times...rangers in 6 and flyers in 5...rangers in 7 over the flyers...rangers over st louis in 6...win the stanley cup...beating their old friend john davidson former ranger goalie...start spreading the news...have fun...enjoy...

The rest of the playoffs will be televised on the NBC Sports channel which use to be VERSUS. On weekends some of the games will be on NBC. Game 1 of Rangers/Capitals in on NBC Saturday at 3:00 pm eastern. I am a caps fan and usually do our cruising in March so not to miss playoffs.

best of luck to the broadway blues...maybe mr gaborik will wake up for the playoffs...he's been a non factor so far...and maybe the devils can force 6 or 7 games on the flyers...but they won't beat them 4 times...rangers in 6 and flyers in 5...rangers in 7 over the flyers...rangers over st louis in 6...win the stanley cup...beating their old friend john davidson former ranger goalie...start spreading the news...have fun...enjoy...

Go Ducks! Oh wait, damn, they didn't even make the playoffs this year. But hey, we won the cup in 2007! Woo hoo?!?!

Anyhow, come now, you're a Minnesota fan. You know that Gaborik becomes all but invisible in the playoffs. You've seen it year after year. And now that he's a blue shirt, you've seen this story before.

As far as the teams remaining, I'd say the 4 Eastern teams are a way bigger media draw than the 4 Western teams remaining. Which means that the weekend you're on board, 5/12 and 5/13 you probably have a great chance of seeing the Rags play on NBC and not NBCSN because NBC will surely be broadcasting the higher rated Eastern conference matchups and the Rags are always one of the bigger draws especially coming from the #1 sports market in the country. Good luck against the Caps.

DH and I are huge Flyers fans. We were recently on the Freedom during the Penguins/Flyers series. The only way you saw a game is if it was on ESPN. You did get highlights every once in a while. You basically had to rely on the ticket tape at the bottom of ESPN.

Good luck with keeping track of the results.

So, what many are saying is, maybe. Don;t know why ESPN comes up for hockey broadcasts, they've not be broadcast hockey games for like 5 seasons now, and currently it's all NBC. Though what some said is true, the Eastern market teams are a bigger draw than the West coast teams, NBC says they will broadcast all playoff games over their various NBC related stations/affiliates. Here on the east coast, most eastern conference games on the weekends are broadcast in the afternoon (3pm EST) then west coast teams in the evening. All bets are off during the week. So, RCI does not carry any of the NBC stations, or just the "main" NBC network? No CNBC for example??? We've cruised a few times during the Stanley Cup Playoffs and have caught a few games while sailing, but mostly on the weekends, but that was when VS and NBC were still independent, now that they are one in the same, I was hoping more games could be available.

We're heading out on the Oasis on May 11 and FULLY expect the Flyers to still be playing in the playoffs and hope to catch a game or 2 while sailing, but thats ok if we don't...last time the Flyers were in the playoffs and we were sailing, caught a game or 2 before we sailed, saw no games onboard got back, Flyers made the finals.....but sadly they lost to Chicago in 6 games.

Go Flyers!!!!

They most likely will not have it, but you could always ask. I am happy the Rangers won by the way. Brandon Prust is the son of one of my friends. Del Zotto played on our local OHL team. As a Canadian I am not missing Ottawa at all. Rangers are just a better team. I hope the Rangers make it to the finals so at that rate you will be back from your cruise.

Now if they face Washington I am also a Dale Hunter fan, as he and his brother own our London Knights OHL Team. If they meet the Flyers that will be one crazy series. Hope you have a great cruise and get to watch some great hockey as well. Wouldn't a cup win be a perfect way to end the year of the Winter Classic? Poor Islander fans, and Leafs..... How many years has it been;)

Well the way the schedule is for this series I will only miss game 7 if it goes that far. Quite honestly it will end up being a good thing if I miss hockey while I'm on the cruise, it will mean the Rangers haven't been eliminated lol. Funny you say that about Prust and Del Zotto, I grew up playing travel soccer and hockey with Matt Gilroy (Ottawa Senators now, was a Ranger last season).

Dale has done a great job since taking over in Wash for Boudreau. He wasn't doing so hot at the start but since then the team has gelled and is now playing his system. This season has just been one hell of a ride for me watching the Rangers, from starting in Europe, to the massive road trip to start the season (MSG was under construction first month of season), to the Winter Classic and now a 7 game series has just concluded. My heart can't take much more lol.

Go Preds!

So I'm guessing you're now a Jets fan?!? MSG is definitely a great place to watch a hockey game, especially come playoff time.

Good luck to the Preds vs the Coyotes, should be a great series.

I was on the Oasis last year during game one of the Stanley Cup Finals & they were showing the game on the NBC channel that the ship carries. So, if the game you want is on NBC & the ship carries the channel, then you should be able to watch it. The funny thing about the NBC channel that the Oasis has, is that it is a station out of Wyoming.

YES!... All NHL playoff games are broadcast on the NBC family of networks... NHL hasn't been on ESPN for about 5+ years now. God I would love to go back to the days of Bill Clement, Brian Engblom and Barry Melrose.

it will depend on what can be picked up by the satellite and whcih way the ship is heading...if the ship is heading south porbably not...but you'll see plenty of of espn deportes and lots of soccer...goooooaaaalllll...if the ship is heading north much better chnace...all of the games are now on nbc sports and some of the other nbc affiliates...you have a better chnace of seeing it in one of the lounges vs your cabin...becuase in the lounge they can play with the satellite...in your cabin no such luck...best of luck to the broadway blues...maybe mr gaborik will wake up for the playoffs...he's been a non factor so far...and maybe the devils can force 6 or 7 games on the flyers...but they won't beat them 4 times...rangers in 6 and flyers in 5...rangers in 7 over the flyers...rangers over st louis in 6...win the stanley cup...beating their old friend john davidson former ranger goalie...start spreading the news...have fun...enjoy...

We got a guy named Chris Kreider... ever heard of him before?? lol... This kid is absolutely nuts man, who is this guy Gaborik you speak of?? Is he on the Rangers?? jk man... I know what you mean though... but thats the good thing about great teams, you don't need your superstar to carry you the team can do it together. I'm hoping the Flyers Devs gets dragged out so if the Rags do advance we are facing a tired division rival.. both of which we did pretty well with this year. I'm not gonna speculate on the series or predict anything... I usually do but this year I didn't and we won... so I'm not changing now.

Archived