Is there an upgrade offer in the offing?

astrocat

I rang X in Miami today to ask various questions about our C2 on Silhouette in July, prices have dropped across the board so I was going to inquire about the possibility of buying an upgrade to a suite.

The agent told me I would be better off to wait until tomorrow, and asked if I had received the email about an upgrade offer which will come into effect tomorrow.

Despite misgivings, I took the advice ... but still haven't received any email and rather wish I had pressed him with the possibility of paying for an upgrade, since the suites I had my eye on this morning have now sold out!

Does anyone else have knowledge of a new upgrade offer which is about to come into effect?

I'm not too disappointed because we do have a particularly nice C2 but if I have learnt a lesson from this, it is to ring back immediately if you have any queries about agent advice.

BTW the fact that I'm in NZ shouldnt make any difference since I intially booked this cruise directly with X on the phone in the US.

I rang X in Miami today to ask various questions about our C2 on Silhouette in July, prices have dropped across the board so I was going to inquire about the possibility of buying an upgrade to a suite.

The agent told me I would be better off to wait until tomorrow, and asked if I had received the email about an upgrade offer which will come into effect tomorrow.

Despite misgivings, I took the advice ... but still haven't received any email and rather wish I had pressed him with the possibility of paying for an upgrade, since the suites I had my eye on this morning have now sold out!

Does anyone else have knowledge of a new upgrade offer which is about to come into effect?

I'm not too disappointed because we do have a particularly nice C2 but if I have learnt a lesson from this, it is to ring back immediately if you have any queries about agent advice.

BTW the fact that I'm in NZ shouldnt make any difference since I intially booked this cruise directly with X on the phone in the US.

I just got an e-mail from a travel agent I sometimes use that mentions a Celebrity weekend sale for Europe and your sailing is on there. It mentions getting a balcony for the price of an inside BUT it is for new bookings only.

I think you should call them back and try to get more information.

Thanks, guys ... yes, I think this is the offer he was referring to ....

http://www.celebritycruises.com/specials/promotions.do?pagename=limited_time_offers_gateway#limited_time_offers_overview_tab/limitedtimeoffers/OfferDetails.do%3FpromoType=60&pagename=lto_60&cS=specialsBucket&ICID=CEL_12Q2_FreeUpgradesMed

Has now appeared on X site also. I'll ring but was hoping to see if we could work something from C2 to Suite (dont mind paying a bit extra) .. however the availabililty may be gone.

It is frustrating in that the agent should have been able to see from my booking that I wasn't talking about inside to verandah. It would have been better for me to see if anything was possible yesterday but I a) obviously didn't push / explain myself well enough b) didn't ring back after I got off the phone with some misgivings.

Never mind!

I just wanted to say thanks for posting this question. After reading it, I emailed my TA and we saved $800 and moved from 2B to Concierge Guarantee for our July cruise. We have already received our cabin, which is in the C3 category. It totally works for us!

Thanks again!

I just wanted to say thanks for posting this question. After reading it, I emailed my TA and we saved $800 and moved from 2B to Concierge Guarantee for our July cruise. We have already received our cabin, which is in the C3 category. It totally works for us!

Thanks again!

I'm so happy for you! Yay!

And we're making some progress too .. we may have missed out on a suite but have moved one of our staterooms from an Oceanview (no verandah) to Verandah and now Concierge Guarantee! Not too bad :D

They've also offered us the opp to go even further, and have Aqua for both staterooms but then we'd miss our outsize C2 'hump.'

Decisions, decisions!

Archived