Vegan Food

joyce&bob

Help! traveling with another couple on the Reflection who are vegans. Can anyone advise Celebrity policy???? Does the MDR have special menues for Vegans? Should they pre-order?? Is it better to be set dining even if we prefer the anytime dining??? Any and all help would be appreciated.

First, do a search of this board -- you'll find lots of posts from others who have sailed and maintained a vegan diet

Second, I would think that traditional dining would be best. You'll have a chance to work with one waiter/assistant team, who will be best able to meet your needs. I don't think that there is a special vegan menu, but there are vegetarian options which might be modified. Going from waiter to waiter each night will just make that more difficult. Yes, you can request the same waiter at Select Dining, but there are no guarantees you'll get the same staff each night.

Wow, that will be a bit of a challenge. Ive read a number of posts about vegatarians doing well on cruises, but Vegan has to do with not only meats, but dairy, eggs and all the related products, and very much on how the food is prepared.

Hopefully, a Vegan can help out. My initial cut is to use set dining so you have assiatance from a consistent team. Talk with the Matre De immedately boarding to get it set up and go from there. An email/call would help also.

Go over to the Cruise Foodies thread. Here is a thread on the Eclipse that souned very helpful

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1328436

Good luck. And by the way, its good for you to assist, but they are the Vegans and I'd assume have handled this while away from home and their own environment, and know how to work it also. Nice of you to get info.

Enjoy the cruise, it should be quite do-able but will take some real preplanning on their part.

Den

If you go to the Celebrity web page and enter the word Vegan in their search window you get several hits that might be of help.

I know you're looking for actual experiences here, and hopefully you'll get them, but you can check there and send a link to your friends. If you're a prior Celebrity cruiser you can also try emailing or calling the Captain's Club who are better at providing info than average customers.

Celebrity also has a special needs department (info on link at bottom of their site) but I'm not sure if they handle voluntary dietary needs such as vegetarian and vegan or if it is just disability and medical related needs in that department.

I am on the Equinox tonight. There is always a vegi option in Blu and the MDR . Lunch in oceanview has a great salad bar. There is another station with roasted peppers and grilled asparagus. I add that to my salad. There are other options at the pizza station. They don't mind adding their ingredients to your salad.

Archived