Helicopter and ice-climbing trek - any private operators besides North Star?

hmwende

Greetings!

We will be on the NCL Pearl on May 6th out of Vancouver going to Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, and Victoria. We want to take a helicopter to an ice-climbing tour that will allow us to traverse through ice caves and climb up an ice face. We would like to do an independent company outside of the Ship but North Star's website sends you back to the ship's excursion. Are there other tour operators that do this? It doesn't matter which port. I'm really interested in the Above & Beyond tour, but I'm a little afraid that 7 hours might be just a bit too strenuous. Although, if it's the only thing available, I will do it anyway. You only live once, right?

I am 39 years old. I used to be a rock climbing instructor, but that was, ahem...15 years ago, and about 20 pounds ago. I'm still fairly active, but still workign on gettign in better shape. I recently ran a 5K, but again, just not in the best shape.

So, in a perfect world, we would love to fly out to a climbing site and do the ice climbing for a bit of a shorter tour. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Archived