Checking in DH at Port Canaveral

Reunioncruiser

We have always had my DH drop me and kids at terminal with luggage early to check in. He then returns the rental car and takes a shuttle back to the terminal. Both Disney and Carnival have allowed me to do this with no problem. On our last Dream cruise, i had a really hard time but they finally agreed. My DH then only has to check in but then gets to board with our zone number. For the life of me, i can't remember what the issue was. Has anyone done this? Any tips?

I guess I don't exactly understand the question. He drops you off, parks/returns a car and comes back. YOu wait in line, check in, than he waits in line, to check in? Than finds you sitting down waiting? Why not just wait for him? I think your situation is played out hundreds of times each cruise. I know it happens with me. I drop the luggage wife and kids off, and I go park. Than I go find them. Or sometimes, we just drop the luggage and all of us go park, and walk back. It just makes sense to chedk in together.

In P.C. with a rental car, it's easier to just go to the rental agency, drop the car and let them shuttle all of you and luggage to the ship. Actually save about 20 minutes. Likewise if using the Park N Cruise lot on Rte 528.

In Miami, if you're parking in the terminal, it's easier to drop luggage and passengers then park and join. Passengers can wait outside for driver, only takes 5 minutes to park and walk across the street.

Archived