Early saver, hurricane season and Half moon cay?

So I am looking at the Fascination next fall and I really want to go to Half Moon cay. Here is my question. I can book now on early saver for less than $1000 for all of us but what if there is a hurricane. We live close enough to the port we can drive so that is not an issue. Would it be smarter to wait and just book on a pack and go rate? I could even check the 10 day and then book. It is not a busy season and we have passports. I can't imagine we can get cheaper for our family unless they super drop interiors. I have never cruised that time of year and I would love some advice. If it is a five day and one is supposed to be at Half Moon, what do they do if you can't port? I really do not want 4 sea days.

the only time the very last minute is going to be cheap would be if there is a hurricane bearing down on that coast of Florida... there might or might not be a pack n go for that particular ship or week.

They only have a small percentage on pack n go rates, depends on if THAT particular cruise is selling well or not.

So I am looking at the Fascination next fall and I really want to go to Half Moon cay. Here is my question. I can book now on early saver for less than $1000 for all of us but what if there is a hurricane. We live close enough to the port we can drive so that is not an issue. Would it be smarter to wait and just book on a pack and go rate? I could even check the 10 day and then book. It is not a busy season and we have passports. I can't imagine we can get cheaper for our family unless they super drop interiors. I have never cruised that time of year and I would love some advice. If it is a five day and one is supposed to be at Half Moon, what do they do if you can't port? I really do not want 4 sea days.

I wouldnt bet on the fact that there will be a pack and go rate. It may sell out. If this is the cruise you really want, you have to take your chances.

I am taking the same chance for October on the Freedom. Really want to visit those ports. And really want excellent weather.

Oh, don't forget about insurance. ;) You never know.

Archived