Who Has Stayed at Hyatt Pier 66 Ft Lauderdale?

Arizona Laura

I have been reviewing hotels for our cruise next April on Trip Advisor.

When looking at the pics taken at the Hyatt Pier 66 some of them show mold on the walls-toilet-sink etc and bugs. Has anyone experienced this?

I want a hotel close to the cruise port but definitely clean.

Thanks..

I stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 on the evening of April 6, 2012. I was awarded this hotel through Hotwire. The room assigned to me was a groundfloor west lanai room which was spotless and comfortable. Would I stay there again? Absolutely! It's a very nice resort type property and, sitting by the pool the next morning, it appeared that other guests were enjoying the property too.

A highlight for me was having a burger and a beer on the upper patio of the Pelican Landing restaurant/lounge on the property. I was lucky enough to watch a tall ship sail in and anchor beside the restaurant.

The hotel is very popular. If you do a forum search here, you'll find out alot about the hotel. I personally don't like the location as I'd rather be at a beach hotel.

If a particular room isn't clean, the guest can ask for a new room or have it cleaned. If you read reviews on TA, throw out the over- exaggerated reviews, read the most recent and you will have a good picture of any hotel you are looking at.

I have also stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 twice and got the room through Hotwire. They gave me a choice of what type of Lanai room I wanted. Took the pool view once with an outdoor small patio and a water view room where you can check out the boats. Both great rooms and clean. Can't wait to go back! Bob:)

Just got back! Everyone was fantastic the rooms and restaurants were great.The pool and grounds were absolutely beautiful. Just one thing the resort is large and spread out so you could end up doing a lot of walking.thought I'd mention that in case anyone has mobility. Issues

Staying here in 18 days :D

Questions: Having gotten this room on Priceline, will they offer an upgrade to a tower room automatically or do I have to ask?

Also, what is the price range for the on-site restaurants? I haven't decided on what we're doing for supper the night before the cruise, since I don't know how we'll feel or what we'll be in the mood for, but I want to be informed beforehand. I have gone through about three different plans so far. Most recently thinking we'll just hop on the water taxi and ride around, then hop off when we see a place to eat that looks promising.

Thank you!

I wonder too where people eat dinner the night before the cruise if they stay at the hotel. There will be a group of us.

Love 15th Street Fisheries...right on the water and downstairs is extremely casual dress and food, and upstairs is still casual dress, but a more extended menu.

Love that place!

Jo-Ann

I wonder too where people eat dinner the night before the cruise if they stay at the hotel. There will be a group of us.

I met up with some fellow cruisers staying at Pier 66 and we dined at the Pelican Landing restaurant on the Pier 66 property. I had a really good burger along with a beer to wash it down. I can't recall what they had but we all remarked several times on how good the food was. My dinner companions had been over at the 15th Street Fisheries for happy hour before we met up and they commented that the service at 15th Street was terrible and they were glad that they hadn't planned on dining there. I wasn't there so I cannot personally comment on either the service or the food at that establishment.

We enjoyed Happy Hour at Grill 66, it was great! The restaurant is elegant and the bar area is really pretty. The drinks were half price as well as a limited selection of appetizers. We got loaded potato skins and they were delicious. The hours were 5-7 pm.

We took a walk along the waterway and ended up at Pelican landing for dinner. I had a burger which was not good, but my husband enjoyed his fish taco. In hindsight, I would have just stayed at Grill 66. Enjoy your trip!

Archived