Grand Cayman wedding

bebekaw

Hello all,

John and I are planning our wedding in Grand Cayman (Oct 12, 2012) and we have several questions would like to ask you all -

We are sailing with Carnival legend on Oct 7th and will have an island site wedding in Grand Cayman.

1.) Did you choose the cruise wedding package - island site service or you use independent wedding coordinator for the wedding in Grand Cayman?

2.) Carnival is using Wedding Experience as the coordinator and the prices for chair, transport, decoration and etc are so much higher than the local wedding coordinator. Do you have any Cayman islands wedding coordinator can recommend to us?

3.) Will you risk it? We are worried if we did not use the cruise service we will end up unmarried if the ship can't make it to the port expecially in the hurricane season.

4.) Anyone has used shoretrip before?

Thanks in advance for all your responses :)

you may want to do a search on the boards for Grand Cayman Weddings. There are a few brides that posted before but they are few and far in between. What I can tell you is..

Most that I read risked it and used local WC.

Grand Old House was one that was used. I believe they offer refunds for those that can't dock.

3.) Will you risk it? We are worried if we did not use the cruise service we will end up unmarried if the ship can't make it to the port expecially in the hurricane season.

You are still going to end up unmarried if the ship doesn't make port, aren't you?

Not necessarily--I was told if the ship's miss port they try to get you married at a different port (if possible) or they have a vow renewal-esque (not legally binding) ceremony and reception on board. This was a concern we had when we were planning our dates.

Not necessarily--I was told if the ship's miss port they try to get you married at a different port (if possible) or they have a vow renewal-esque (not legally binding) ceremony and reception on board. This was a concern we had when we were planning our dates.

On your itinerary, GC is the last stop, so that pretty much leaves out the other port options. Your stop before that is Roatan and I guess if the weather was going to be bad the next day, they would know the day before that the GC stop might be missed. But, you have to make preparations in advance to be married in Roatan; it can't be done at the last minute.

If you miss GC, you'll be left with a symbolic ceremony, as best as I can tell. Hope for good weather!

Thanks for all the responses!! Hopefully the weather is good and we get to Cayman and have our dream wedding !! I guess until then I will be so stressed out :mad:...

I'm getting married in Grand Cayman but on the ship. I too am a little worried about what happens if we miss port, but tried to steer clear of hurricane season so I'm not going to stress too much. Good luck!

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk

I'm getting married in Grand Cayman but on the ship. I too am a little worried about what happens if we miss port, but tried to steer clear of hurricane season so I'm not going to stress too much. Good luck!

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk

I am not trying to add any stress but I want to make sure you ask all the right questions for your wedding plans.

You said you are getting married on the ship, I am guessing at the Grand Cayman port?

If the port is skipped it doesn't matter if it is planned at a beach or on the ship at the port... Carnival does not offer at sea weddings so it would have to be at the next port (if there is one) or they might do a faux wedding at sea.

Archived