Newbie Itenerary Question

We are going on a cruise to celebrate 11 years of marriage...first cruise! Our children will be with us, boys, ages 6, 10, 15. We are getting 2 cabins!!

I can't decide on itenerary. We have the choice of Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, or Belize, Roatan, Cozumel. I am leaning toward the Jamaica itenerary. Which would be best for families? We love swimming on the beach. The kids want to swim with dolphins.

If it matters, ships are Norwegein Star, RC Mariner or Navigator, or Carnival Conquest or Magic.

Thanks so much for the help!

LT

Magic is newest so personally I'd be checking into that one first. Conquest and Magic will have the best waterslides (not just for kids!).

NCL Star is nice too (just left it on Sunday).

Carnival's cabins are a bit larger than the other lines.

Of those western Caribbean itineraries, Grand Cayman, Roatan and Cozumel have the nicest beaches IMO. Note that Grand Cayman is a tender port; you will anchor and take a smaller boat to the island. We've been to the Ocho Rios (Jamaica) Dunns River Falls and there is a nice beach there. I liked Magic Mountain at Ocho Rios too; you take a chairlift to the top and there is a pool, waterslide, restaurant, bobsled track and a spectacular view.

have fun!!!

We will be on Carnival Magic to Belize, Roatan and Cozumel. Have not been on this ship yet, but looking forward to it. I have cruised on Carnival only so can't say anything about the other ships. Carnival does have a good kids program so you and spouse can have a few hours alone. Cozumel has a shopping area at the pier, but you would want to get a taxi and go to a beach club. Paradise Beach, Chankenaab Park or Mr. Sanchos are kid friendly. Each of these has a website to get list of amenities and prices. Belize is a tender port. You can take a water taxi to some nice beaches or you can do a jungle tour. If you sail Carnival, they port at Mahogany Bay in Roatan since they own it. There is shopping and a beach at the pier (can also be googled) or you can take a taxi to other beaches and get a feel for local culture.

I can't say anything about your other options since I have not been there and have not done the research. My advice is to google each port you are thinking about and read everything. Keep a notebook next to you so you can make notes on the pros and cons of each port. Enjoy your cruise with your family. Keep in mind, cruising is addictive! LOL

Ooooh! The kiddos would LOVE a jungle tour! (Or maybe that's just me, lol!)

Google cave tubbing in Belize. We are doing an independent tour, $50 a person, that sounds good. It seems to combine a drive through the country, hike in the jungle and riding a float tube down a river through some caves. DH, who doesn't swim well, is looking forward to this excursion.

Archived