Little French Key?

Messunderstood

Anyone notice when reading reviews from Trip adviser how the management responds when given a bad review? It's pretty harsh...

Yes! I've been following LFK on Trip Advisor for over a year and purposely booked my cruise this year to include Roatan so we can go to LFK. Regardless of the reviews I'm still planning to spend the day there, but dayum!! -- he is so condescending and rude in his responses.

It almost makes me NOT want to visit there.

Yes! I've been following LFK on Trip Advisor for over a year and purposely booked my cruise this year to include Roatan so we can go to LFK. Regardless of the reviews I'm still planning to spend the day there, but dayum!! -- he is so condescending and rude in his responses.

I totally agree!! One reason I switched..Plus the prices seem high for what you get..

It really sounds like they are ruining this beautiful place with over crowding it... We have a cruise booked in October and LFK was our plan for Roatan. Everything I'm reading here and on Trip Advisor just disappoints me.. I don't want to waste our money or our friends money that are coming with us. If not LFK, what are other ideas that anyone would recommend?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Forums mobile app

Yes the attitude is right nasty and very unprofessional

We were here a week and a half ago. It was by far the best excursion I have ever done. The people were all VERY nice and friendly. We loved holding the animals and getting some amazing pictures. It really is like paradise.

Don't skip LFK if you have the opportunity to go to Roatan. It was an experience I will never forget.

We were here a week and a half ago. It was by far the best excursion I have ever done. The people were all VERY nice and friendly. We loved holding the animals and getting some amazing pictures. It really is like paradise.

Don't skip LFK if you have the opportunity to go to Roatan. It was an experience I will never forget.

So very glad to hear it. My gang of 24 is reserved for August!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We visited LFK in October 2012 and it was very private and peaceful. We are going back to Roatan in September and just found out that Carnival now has an excursion there. I emailed LFK when I sent in my reservation request because I was concerned about how many people there would be now on the island. I was told that they could not give me a guarantee, but the capacity is 300. I'm still not sure that I want to go back now. We loved it so much the first time and I'm afraid now that it will be overcrowded. I was so excited about our trip and now I'm stressed about what to do in Roatan. I also read the owner's comments on Trip Advisor and was shocked. He was the one who picked us up from the port when we arrived last time and we really like him. I'm having a hard time putting the two people together. I'm glad I have some time to make my decision. It really is a fabulous place!

Edited by andmeaux

We visited LFK in October 2012 and it was very private and peaceful. We are going back to Roatan in September and just found out that Carnival now has an excursion there. I emailed LFK when I sent in my reservation request because I was concerned about how many people there would be now on the island. I was told that they could not give me a guarantee, but the capacity is 300. I'm still not sure that I want to go back now. We loved it so much the first time and I'm afraid now that it will be overcrowded. I was so excited about our trip and now I'm stressed about what to do in Roatan. I also read the owner's comments on Trip Advisor and was shocked. He was the one who picked us up from the port when we arrived last time and we really like him. I'm having a hard time putting the two people together. I'm glad I have some time to make my decision. It really is a fabulous place!

I would 1st see how many boats are in port the day you are there. That may help you decide. We did decide to cancel our visit scheduled for next week.. Hated to..the place looks beautiful but felt we needed to due to the changes..

• 2 weeks later...

Does any have a map or photo of what/who I am looking for when walking towards the drivers ouside Mahogany Bay? The confirmation e-mail from LFK says to walk outside of the port area and meet them. Seems I remember someone posting a photo but I can't be sure.

A suggestion for groups going to Little French Key - Have 1 or 2 members of the group take a taxi there as soon as they get off the ship. That way they can get to the island before the rush and reserve an area for the group. Wish we would have done that. We ended up waiting quite a while for the transportation from the pier then again at the dock before getting on the ride to the island. We were a party of 6 and by the time we got to the island all the group seating was taken and we could only find 4 seats together. So when it was time to eat, 2 had to sit on the ground. And only a few of the seating areas are covered - and it does get hot sitting out in the sun.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi,

Very interested in LFK in November 2014, but I'm concerned about how crowded it sems to be after reading your posts. How do I find out how many ships will be in port the same day as our ship? I can't find any websites that list that info. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi Again,

Found a website that shows Roatan port schedule - in addition to the Carnival Magic (my cruise), the Emerald Princess will be in port. Do you think there could be any ships added to the schedule?

Thanks!

Hi,

Very interested in LFK in November 2014, but I'm concerned about how crowded it sems to be after reading your posts. How do I find out how many ships will be in port the same day as our ship? I can't find any websites that list that info. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Honduras/606-Roatan/November_2014/

• 2 weeks later...
Does any have a map or photo of what/who I am looking for when walking towards the drivers ouside Mahogany Bay? The confirmation e-mail from LFK says to walk outside of the port area and meet them. Seems I remember someone posting a photo but I can't be sure.

I don't have a pic, but we ported there on Norwegian Jewel Oct 2013. (Not sure if there is more than one port there, but this is what to do at the port we were at.) When you get out to the sidewalk/parking lot of the port, turn left on the sidewalk and walk all the way out to the public street, exiting the port gates. Important note: you will exit the port area/shopping and right in front of you will be the parking lot. THAT is where you turn left and walk to the public street through the port gates. (Not understanding that :o, we aimlessly walked around the parking lot a few minutes until some other nice vendors directed us to the street when we asked about LFK.) When you step outside the gates onto the public sidewalk by the street, you'll see the LFK sign being held by someone. Hope that helps.

I found a map!! http://portofroatan.com/maps.html

On level one (obviously), when you walk through the area labeled "tours", you will walk right into the parking lot. Turn left at that point and go straight out to the public street.

out of all the places ive ever visited while on a cruise this is the best place ever !

its such a relaxing place--3 beaches--good food and the zoo

we walked out the taxi parking lot -through the gate down the hill to our waiting driver--not a biggie alittle over 5-8 min.tops--dont take a cab for such a short walk--the water is just so beautiful--the swimming and snorkeling was just great--there,s 3 packages--the $58 is the run of the place but we got the $88 package which got us 2 drinks--free rentals--kayak/mask and flippers

the food was good too ! i took alot of pics- with every view right off a postcard

the only bad thing about this place is that day had to end--really

without a doubt take this trip !! got it ?

I'm interested in booking LFK for our cruise in August. I see that they have a $98 package and a $88 package, with the only difference being that the $98 package includes the boat ride that takes you out for snorkeling. I've read on here that some of you have added the snorkeling package after you've arrived at Roatan. My question is, what is the cost to add it same day? I see on the website that they have the snorkeling as an add-on for $20. We would prefer to decide after we've arrived, but if it's going to cost more then we may decide to just book the $98 package now. Does anybody know? Ideally we'd like to just kayak out there ourselves (since we're planning on kayaking anyway), but I don't think it was ever confirmed if there is anywhere to tie your kayak to while you snorkel.

out of all the places ive ever visited while on a cruise this is the best place ever !

its such a relaxing place--3 beaches--good food and the zoo

we walked out the taxi parking lot -through the gate down the hill to our waiting driver--not a biggie alittle over 5-8 min.tops--dont take a cab for such a short walk--the water is just so beautiful--the swimming and snorkeling was just great--there,s 3 packages--the $58 is the run of the place but we got the $88 package which got us 2 drinks--free rentals--kayak/mask and flippers

the food was good too ! i took alot of pics- with every view right off a postcard

the only bad thing about this place is that day had to end--really

without a doubt take this trip !! got it ?

I just wanted to add...

People, please be aware there are 2 different docks at Roatan. So, this will probably make a big difference in "where" you meet and "how much" walking you will be doing to get there.

As this poster mentioned, it was about an 8 minute walk and "down" the hill. So maybe you are talking about the NCL port. The port at Mahogany Bay (Carnival) is a little bit of a walk and consist of going up a big hill, which is where people have a tendency to grab a cab right outside the port for $2 to take you up and over that hill. ;)

So, it all depends on which port you are coming in to.

This is the port where NCL docks.

IMG_5486-L.jpg

As you can see, the parking lot is out back of it and is a short walk. I assume you would walk out, toward the left, to exit the gates. Seems like an easy walk.

At Mahogany Bay (Carnival), you have to walk down the pier

P5150540-L.jpg

Then you have to walk out of the large compound to make it out to the taxi stand.

P5150547-L.jpg

P5150538-L.jpg

This is the road outside the gate AFTER you have walked all the way up the hill. I don't remember where I found this picture (it's not mine), but showed the distance after you made it up to the top of the hill to the taxis.

9698494164_eec9959dd0_c-L.jpg

Hopefully this will help some people out.

This is the port where NCL docks.

IMG_5486-L.jpg

As you can see, the parking lot is out back of it and is a short walk. I assume you would walk out, toward the left, to exit the gates. Seems like an easy walk.

At Mahogany Bay (Carnival), you have to walk down the pier

P5150540-L.jpg

Then you have to walk out of the large compound to make it out to the taxi stand.

P5150547-L.jpg

P5150538-L.jpg

This is the road outside the gate AFTER you have walked all the way up the hill. I don't remember where I found this picture (it's not mine), but showed the distance after you made it up to the top of the hill to the taxis.

9698494164_eec9959dd0_c-L.jpg

Hopefully this will help some people out.

Mitsu Girly I just wanted to say thank you for your extensive review of the Dream last year! Because of your review we chose to go on the Dream in Sept (2013) and booked the day at LFK online. It was, so far, our favorite "excursion". The food was great, those little chip things were really good! The monkeys were so fun to play with. I really enjoyed their signature drink the monkey lala (?) I think it was called. Snorkeling was awesome, even in the deep water with the guide, even though I was really scared!

The weather wasn't that great, but it was, of course, hurricane season. Just so happens to be the only time we get off work each year. We always take September cruises.

This year we are taking the Carnival Victory in September to Nassau (again), been twice but husband has never been to Atlantis. We also go to Half Moon, which we already visited but sister & niece haven't seen... We are going to Grand Turks which none of us have visited yet. Was wondering if you've been there and/or if you have suggestions of what to do in Turks?? Thank you again for your review & in advance for any helpful tips!

Mitsu Girly I just wanted to say thank you for your extensive review of the Dream last year! Because of your review we chose to go on the Dream in Sept (2013) and booked the day at LFK online. It was, so far, our favorite "excursion". The food was great, those little chip things were really good! The monkeys were so fun to play with. I really enjoyed their signature drink the monkey lala (?) I think it was called. Snorkeling was awesome, even in the deep water with the guide, even though I was really scared!

The weather wasn't that great, but it was, of course, hurricane season. Just so happens to be the only time we get off work each year. We always take September cruises.

This year we are taking the Carnival Victory in September to Nassau (again), been twice but husband has never been to Atlantis. We also go to Half Moon, which we already visited but sister & niece haven't seen... We are going to Grand Turks which none of us have visited yet. Was wondering if you've been there and/or if you have suggestions of what to do in Turks?? Thank you again for your review & in advance for any helpful tips!

So glad you had a wonderful time at LFK. I think we are planning on going back in November on our cruise. Sorry you didn't have the best weather. We have cruised twice now during September (9/11 both times to be exact :eek:) but had beautiful weather the entire time.

I haven't been to Atlantis, but if you decide on something else, we just returned from Nassau and went to Blue Lagoon and loved our day there. I just did a review on it from my Getaway cruise.

I have never been to Turks yet (it's on my to-do list of course). I haven't done a Southern Caribbean yet and always have wanted to. With my schedule over the last 4 years in school, it didn't allow me to do a cruise longer than 7 days (and the Southern cruises were 9-10 days). So maybe you can go and let me know what to do. :D

We are going to Grand Turks which none of us have visited yet. Was wondering if you've been there and/or if you have suggestions of what to do in Turks?? Thank you again for your review & in advance for any helpful tips!

It's funny that right after I posted back to you, I got this email (as I do often) from Trip Advisor that gave the 10 most beautiful beaches and on that list was a place called Grace Beach in Turks & Caicos. Try checking that out if it's obtainable from where you will dock.

Thank you! I will totally check in to Grace Beach! We always go in September and usually the weather is pretty good. Some sprinkles here and there, but last year there was a big storm around us somewhere. It took the captain over an hour to get us in to the port at Costa Maya! The winds & waves were terrible, but he allotted us an extra hour there so it was ok :) I have started your review of the getaway (about 10 pages in), it is great! Sounds like a crazy trip- I have learned about cruising w/ some family! My cousin-in-law went on our first cruise in 2011 & he drank all his money away the first few days, then adjusted his tips so he could drink more! While onboard he tried to bring a "friend" back to the room he shared w/ my sister!?! Then in Cozumel We felt bad booking the stingray excursion and fronted him $ but then he didn't have $ to eat on while we were there, but we weren't giving him more $ so he picked off our plates... Needless to say that was the last time he went anywhere with us!! Some people have no class! My sister usually goes with us and we never have problems with her, thank God! Yes if you get the chance to do Atlantis it is a wonderful time. We chose to go back to Nassau because my husband missed that cruise last time and I know he will love the water park! My sister & I did the swallow water dolphin & aquaventure on RCI (which I will add, is much cheaper on RCI than Carnival😳)! It was a great day and everyone was extremely nice! They don't let you take pictures with the dolphins but a Kodak photographer takes them and puts them on a card you can bring home and look at all the pics and purchase if you want (or just save them like we did). A friend of mine went and didn't know to get them on a card so now she has no evidence of ever seeing the dolphins :( another tip about Atlantis is they operate on a cashless system also. So anything you buy there with a credit card is subject to that international fee. I never knew this because we usually spend cash and only bring the card for emergencies. I can't wait to go back though, I just hope we can find a special on those excursions once onboard maybe. With 4 people it's very pricey! I will try to do a review of this trip in September if I can figure out how! I'm new to posting thing on CC and not sure if I'm doing stuff right :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums