Is it possible to make a reservation for 2 guests and then add a third or fourth ..

guest at a later date? Yes I admit I want to book a room but not pay 250X 4 all at once.

I have also seen a few posts where it is mentioned that sometimes NCL drops the reservation downpayment. Does that occur during a certain season or just randomly?

We just came back from our first cruise and loved it. I can't wait to book our next, but I guess patience is a virtue (that I don't think it have).:o

TIA for any info or advice!!

guest at a later date? Yes I admit I want to book a room but not pay 250X 4 all at once.

I have also seen a few posts where it is mentioned that sometimes NCL drops the reservation downpayment. Does that occur during a certain season or just randomly?

We just came back from our first cruise and loved it. I can't wait to book our next, but I guess patience is a virtue (that I don't think it have).:o

TIA for any info or advice!!

sometimes yes and sometimes no. In general if its early enough and the ship is not selling well or there is a lot of room, you should be able to add them with no problem. When it gets closer to sailing and the ship is fairly full, you may not be able to add two or get a room for 4 at all. At that point its generally easier to just get a second room...that you can do if the ship is not completely full. The reduced downpayment do not come at predictable times.

We have read about the price for the 3 & 4 going up as the cruise gets closer and sometimes it's cheaper to book another cabin rather than just adding them to your reservation at the usual lower rate. Our son is in college and depending on his schedule and any tournaments while we are on our cruise, we don't know if he will be able to fly in to join us or not. I spoke to our pcc and he put him on the resv, we will know 2 weeks prior to our final payment if he can go or not, there is no penalty to drop him off the reservation, but we didn't want to add him last minute and have the cost doubled from what we could have added him for from the start. It's something to keep in mind if you're working to keep your price down.

Too late now but keep in mind that while on your next cruise you can purchase a cruise credit towards another cruise (I believe it expires in 4 years) also is not specific to any cruise, just same cruise line, for $250 and they give you $100 OBC. for cruise currently on. Something to think about for future because I don't think it is restricted to certain number of guests either. Someone else can correct me if I am wrong or give more/better info.

Just buy a "welcome back" reward. That will serve as the deposit for the entire cabin (except, I assume, top level suites)...and you will get an on board credit.

http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/welcomebackrewards/terms

I read the NCL info you so nicely provided (thank you!) and am completely confused. Does it mean I can buy the 250 welcome back reward and that will hold a 4 person room? Or am I understanding it wrong?

Thanks everyone all for the advice and info!!:)

I read the NCL info you so nicely provided (thank you!) and am completely confused. Does it mean I can buy the 250 welcome back reward and that will hold a 4 person room? Or am I understanding it wrong?

The $250 reward should be all you need to reserve the entire cabin, unless of course you are booking one of the very high end suites.

***I would definitely add the 3rd and 4th persons names to the reservations when made....you can always remove them prior to final payment, but sometimes the ship get to a capacity (for life boats) and they no longer allow 3rd and 4th passengers in the cabin even if it is a cabin for 4.

The $250 reward should be all you need to reserve the entire cabin, unless of course you are booking one of the very high end suites.

***I would definitely add the 3rd and 4th persons names to the reservations when made....you can always remove them prior to final payment, but sometimes the ship get to a capacity (for life boats) and they no longer allow 3rd and 4th passengers in the cabin even if it is a cabin for 4.

Wow that is great to know. I may be booking my next cruise after all. :) TY!!

We have been able to do it once, and were turned down once. We tried to add someone 6 weeks before our cruise in 2009 and the ship was full, so even though we had room for 2 more in our suite, we were unable to add 1 more person.

The second time, we added one more person just one week before the cruise. It was no problem.

But it's always a roll of the dice when you wait too long.

As others have mentioned, it is a great deal to buy the Future Cruise Reward when you are on board the ship again. For $250 you can, within 4 years, reserve one cabin and the $250 covers the whole cabin, not just one person. (Unless you are booking a high end suite.) When you purchase it, you are awarded a $100 on board credit for THAT cruise, not for the cruise in the future.

It's a great deal, especially when you know you're cruising again. We always buy at least one, and up to three.

Too late now but keep in mind that while on your next cruise you can purchase a cruise credit towards another cruise (I believe it expires in 4 years) also is not specific to any cruise, just same cruise line, for $250 and they give you $100 OBC. for cruise currently on. Something to think about for future because I don't think it is restricted to certain number of guests either. Someone else can correct me if I am wrong or give more/better info.

I was just thinking it was unfortunate that the didn't purchase one on their cruise. No restriction on number of guests just the length of cruise (has to be 6 days or longer) and can't be used for the high end suites.

I was just thinking it was unfortunate that the didn't purchase one on their cruise. No restriction on number of guests just the length of cruise (has to be 6 days or longer) and can't be used for the high end suites.

You have up to 45 days after your cruise to purchase the "Welcome Back Reward Certificate", it's not quite as good....but better than nothing.

The $250.00 Future Cruise Certificate is Good for your Initial Deposit for all 4 guests in your cabin....

We Used Ours for 3 of us on Our Upcoming May 13th Pearl/Alaska Cruise....

When I first booked it I though WE were going to have to pay $250.00 Deposit Each......Nope....The one took care of all 3 of us....

Were getting a few more of these $250.00 FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT's this May as the Best Part is you get a Automatic $100 Onboard Credit so the Future Cruise Credit is really only costing you $150.00......GREAT GREAT DEAL.....

You have up to 45 days after your cruise to purchase the "Welcome Back Reward Certificate", it's not quite as good....but better than nothing.

I called NCL 30 days after my cruise this past March and purchased this certificate. It was $250 and I will receive a $75 OBC for my next cruise in August on the Star.:)

I received the invoice for this cruise and it is stated the OBC will be given.:D

Wow that is great to know. I may be booking my next cruise after all. :) TY!!

It seems like a pretty good deal if you are pretty sure you will take a six plus night NCL cruise within a few years (or if you are pretty sure you can gift or sell it to somebody who will cruise). Happy cruise shopping.

Archived