Formal night in blu?

I would suggest that perhaps itinerary and climate also comes in to play. Last winter on Summit, very few true formal diners in Blu, even according to Celebrity's very generous definition of formal. Add to that the Maitre'd was very quick to let us know that formal was NOT required on the formal night in Blu, I'm thinking that at least on the 7 day Southern Caribbean routes our of San Juan, smart casual in Blu and specialties is a welcome thing...

For complete openness, it is most certainly a welcome thing for us - it is worth the extra dollars not to have to dress up - previously, we did specialty restaurants for this, but honestly the food was just too heavy and we left feeling bloated. For us, totally worth the extra couple hundred bucks per trip. But that's just for us.

I agree, depends on itinerary and location. We did the Summit also but on its last Bermuda cruise Very few kids, 6 days instead of 7 and on the one formal night, if I saw a dozen tuxes it was a lot. I would suspect a TA would be more formal.

I agree, depends on itinerary and location. We did the Summit also but on its last Bermuda cruise Very few kids, 6 days instead of 7 and on the one formal night, if I saw a dozen tuxes it was a lot. I would suspect a TA would be more formal.

Yes as mentioned, it depends on itinerary, location and length. This was on the repo from Europe to Australia (we were on for only 1 section lasting 16 days). Lots of UK / Australian passengers, who tend to dress up more for dinner than other nationalities.

But I wanted to confirm that formal was not required in Blu nor in other venues except for the MDR.

Yes as mentioned, it depends on itinerary, location and length. This was on the repo from Europe to Australia (we were on for only 1 section lasting 16 days). Lots of UK / Australian passengers, who tend to dress up more for dinner than other nationalities.

But I wanted to confirm that formal was not required in Blu nor in other venues except for the MDR.

Here is the wording from Celebrity's web site.This has been the dress code in Specialty's for quite a while, at least a year probably closer to two.

The dress code in Celebrity's specialty dining restaurants, including Blu for AquaClass® guests, is "Smart Casual and Above" for every night of the cruise, regardless of the evening dress code in the main restaurant.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Dress+Code&faqId=2728&faqSubjectId=55

Archived