Carnival Splendor 4/22 Review/Info (LONG w/ Pictures)

Thank you so very much for all of you information. Do you know how to get to the secert door?

Hi- don't hold me to this, but I think the doors you are referring to are all the way forward on most decks 6 and above on splendor (from what I read on here). We were exploring and did end up on one of the outer decks but the wind was so strong, we only stayed for a minute or 2. It totally deserted.

Hey Cin how was MUSTER done? On deck? or in theater like I have been reading about on some other ships.....

Hi,

When they make the announcement, everyone goes uses the stairs to go to their muster station on the the dec, standing right in front of the life boats.

You listen to some info on what to do and how the systems work and them the let you go. It actually went far better than I would have expected with so many people. We have fire drills at my work with 1/4 the people and it takes much longer:rolleyes: Of course I guess it all depends on how quickly everyone gets down there.

Thanks for the great review so far, Ive really enjoyed reading it. We are staying in 9280 and were going between 9280 and 9279 so I love that your review of the room was favorable :) Cant wait to read more!

§ I am a bit claustrophobic…that’s one of the main reasons we did the balcony. I didn’t think I could handle a 7-day without it LOL! That said I didn’t realize just how much larger the room was than a standard inside stateroom. We went into the inside room of a couple we met and it was a big difference. It was definitely worth the money. It was nice to have the sofa (that can be used for additional sleeping space) for sitting to eat/when you were wet from the pool and just to throw things on. I kept DH’s scuba bag, backpacks etc there to keep them off the floor, it was great. Also had an oval table –great for room service trays.

The OV cabins are nice also. On the Splendor, they are 220sq ft. as opposed to the standard 185sq ft. It is nice to have the extra room. The extra 35sq ft. the OV's have is the same amount of footage as the balcony of your cabin.

So does the ship stay in ship time or port time? And are carnival excursions on ship time?

If you are doing Mexico-

In Cabo, the ship stays on ship time. Carnival excursions are on Ship time. (Cabo -1 hr time difference from ship time)

For Puerto Vallarta, they move ship time up one hour to somewhat compensate for the 2 hour time difference. So in PV, you are still on ship time, but 1 hr off PV time.

They will announce on Wed. night to set your clocks forward 1 hour and you will set them back on Friday night.

You can always check ship time by calling guest services or on the TV menu.

We had friends that had a Carnival excursion in PV, but they didnt hear the announcement about the change in ship time so they missed their excursion :( They were told that they waited for 15 mintes for them and that's it.

We didn't actually hear it either, but our excursion was private and wasnt until 2:00pm PV time and that's the time we were going on.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the great review so far, Ive really enjoyed reading it. We are staying in 9280 and were going between 9280 and 9279 so I love that your review of the room was favorable :) Cant wait to read more!

Glad you are enjoying it.

We really did enjoy that room. Great location. It was very convenient. And since there aren't a lot of cabins on that deck not too much traffic in the cabin areas.

Are you familiar with the split of even and odd cabin #s?

Glad you are enjoying it.

We really did enjoy that room. Great location. It was very convenient. And since there aren't a lot of cabins on that deck not too much traffic in the cabin areas.

Are you familiar with the split of even and odd cabin #s?

No I'm not sure? What do you mean about the split of even and odd?

Archived