NCL Arranged Air Travel, How Did It Work Out?

Us2inFL

We prefer to be in control and book our own.

Many book via the cruiselines and are fine.

Just not my cup of tea. And we always fly in the day (or more) before a cruise to enjoy the port city, and remove any worries.

I've just spoken with the TA and she has assured me that my flight is OK. It doesn't show up on the airport flight schedule as its a charter flight. Ie NCL charter an aircraft specifically for their cruise passengers.

So its Glasgow 05.40 and arrive in Barcelona 09.10 and should be onboard around 10.30.

That's good, we're flying with BA. Are you going in the summer? Maybe there are more people travelling then so they can charter an aircraft.

Not long to go now, we'll be on our way to the airport in a couple of hours!

That's good, we're flying with BA. Are you going in the summer? Maybe there are more people travelling then so they can charter an aircraft.

Not long to go now, we'll be on our way to the airport in a couple of hours!

Im going 1st July. Let us know how your trip goes. Enjoy.

We used NCL air promotion in March 2009 to fly into Barcelona. We live right near JFK in NY and had connecting flights on both legs, once into Munich and returning, out of Charles de Gaulle. We arrived a day ahead so while disappointed in having to change flights, it was ok. Returning,, we had 45 minutes to connect. It was terrible. Luckily, there were 30 of us so the plane had to wait. I wasn't happy.

Susan

Last year we used NCL cruise air option and it worked out OK

We were flying into/sailing out of Miami and our flights were good.ie British airways from Heathrow with connection from our local airport

It included a night at a good airport hotel the night before the cruise and transfers.More to the point the price of the package was reasonable

However this year we are doing a Mediterranean cruise and they were wanting to charge an extra £1000 per person for their flight options which was due to fly in d ay of cruise.

Needless to say we have arranged our own flights with 2 extra nights in Venice and that still works out cheaper than the flycruise option

We are also doing a Western Med from Barcelona in August, flying from England.

We are staying two nights in Barcelona beforehand, and that , coupled with fairly cheap flights , is STILL cheaper than the air fare quoted with NCL.

I panic too much to leave it till the day of sailing to fly into Barcelona........or wherever I was cruising from, but that's just me!!;)

We've used NCL fly/cruise option twice from the UK and the flights haven't been a problem (they shouldn't be as it's less than 2 hours to Barcelona). However, the transfer from airport to port on our last trip (in April) was not well organised. We arrived at 11.45 am and were told the coach would be arriving in 20 mins - not too bad we thought. It actually took much longer and there was no feedback as to why there was a delay. I know other people were waiting even longer. Yes, we were on board well before sail away time but it wasn't the best of starts to the holiday. This is something to bear in mind, especially for those flying in from greater distances and arriving on sailing day.

Archived