I hope the music is better in the dance club on the next cruise!

Looks like I'm not the only person that feels this ay. I mean the entire ship is not filed with college aged kids that just like rap/hip hop. My personal opinion is the club should cater to differnt genres of music on different evenings, so to cater to a wider variety of people on the ship.

I agree, many nights we stuck our head in, heard the hip hop and left...and the club looked dead.

Cater to your guests Carnival!

On the Dream last summer, it was 80's night and they were playing songs I had no idea what they were and I love 80's music! My DH had a blast (he hit the bar while I crimped my hair for 80's night) but I was not a fan. Once he began "falling alseep" I shuffled him back to the cabin. We went back a few nights later, snoozefest!

Looks like I'm not the only person that feels this ay. I mean the entire ship is not filed with college aged kids that just like rap/hip hop. My personal opinion is the club should cater to differnt genres of music on different evenings, so to cater to a wider variety of people on the ship.

I agree, many nights we stuck our head in, heard the hip hop and left...and the club looked dead.

Cater to your guests Carnival!

I agree.

On 70's disco night the club was hopping for the first hour and then....Rap and hip hop. It emptied and an hour later there was just a few people just stanging around.

Pull your heads out Carnival!

When I was on the Splendor in 2010 the nightclub was 18+ I think this may add to the atmosphere. Almost everyone there was young and grinding on each other or some shady older guys looking to mack on younger girls. I do think they are trying to go for a more "land based" club feel (living in Vegas I've been to a lot of them haha) however, I don't know if they have a large enough group of people who would be interested in this sort of environment on the average cruise.

Except for the country music, I didn't have a problem with the type of music. I did have a problem that every night I was hearing songs from my high school prom. I would have liked to hear more recent music. My wife and I love to dance but our complaint on the Dream was that whenever the club starting going, the DJ would change music types and clear the floor. We joked that the DJ's job was to get everyone off the floor. I love dancing and don't mind hearing Sir Mix A Lot ONCE during the cruise, not every night at 11:43. They could do so much more with the club. We tried and tried. I also hated the smoke. As a former smoker, I've been spoiled by the no smoking laws in NYC.

I'm convinced the DJ's play whatever they want, screw the passengers. most of the time its crap mixed in with top40 then more crap. We would like to enjoy the dance club but they dont care so we dont go.

The one thing that makes me think they don't play whatever they want is that every night you have a 45 minute run of the line dance songs ( Electric Slide, Cupid Shuffle etc. ) I can't imagine that any dj would want to hear them in a block every night. I know many people enjoy them but there is a chunk of people that don't such as myself. I'm fine with them playing them but why not mix them in rather than chasing the people from the floor and in some cases the club for that long of a period every night? With that said, we quite enjoyed the Michael Jackson hour as it provided some nice old school r&b.

Archived