Eclipse 6215

LynnMW3

Hi, everyone. We're booked on Eclipse for the April 6, 2013 Caribbean sailing. Originally, we booked a 1A, 8257, but then decided to switch to 6215 (still 1A), since it was closer to the internet lounge and Cafe al Bacia, DH's favorite hangout...I checked out the sticky at the top of the thread for 6215 before switching, and didn't find anything negative listed about this cabin.

Now I'm finding some comments about the lifeboats interfering with the view from the balconies on deck 6 midships, and smoke rising up from the smoking area on deck 5...and I'm getting concerned that I may have made a mistake by changing...:confused:

Can anyone give me some information about 6215 that may put me more at ease?

Thanks,

Lynn

We are in the December 12 sailing and originally booked cabin 6203 knowing it was obstructed in the downward view by lifeboats. We are first time cruisers and were just happy with a balcony. I read a few reviews that were not negative in any way. We managed to get an upgrade to aqua class for only £200 extra answer went with that but would have been happy on deck 6.

I also saw a video on you tube of the eclipse next to silhouette in st kitts and managed to figure out which the cabins were on port side so you can see just how obstructed it is.

Hi, everyone. We're booked on Eclipse for the April 6, 2013 Caribbean sailing. Originally, we booked a 1A, 8257, but then decided to switch to 6215 (still 1A), since it was closer to the internet lounge and Cafe al Bacia, DH's favorite hangout...I checked out the sticky at the top of the thread for 6215 before switching, and didn't find anything negative listed about this cabin.

Now I'm finding some comments about the lifeboats interfering with the view from the balconies on deck 6 midships, and smoke rising up from the smoking area on deck 5...and I'm getting concerned that I may have made a mistake by changing...:confused:

Can anyone give me some information about 6215 that may put me more at ease?

Thanks,

Lynn

I'm not sure where exactly the smoking section is located on the Port side. I thought it was right outside the doors near the Bistro.

Both cabins and balconies are the exact same, but I would prefer to be higher up in 8257.

Thanks for the input. We normally try to get right below the pool deck, but since that wasn't happening this time, I thought we'd try being a little more centralized for a change...

Guess I'll hope for the best...

Archived