Checking Soda with Porter

Jimi123

Well somebody is getting very sensitive.

I guess something struck a nerve.

No, not at all....you just got it handed to you and have nothing to say, therefore a "somebody is getting very sensitive" reply. Your opinion was not asked for with this post. If you don't have anything good to say, then keep it to yourself....your opinion is of no value to anyone...no value...nada...nothing...especially not to this post.

I don't care what you do.....just wanted you to be aware of the "official" policy that is posted on Carnival's website (in case you weren't aware already):

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be available for collection onboard in a designated location on the morning of debarkation. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

I have placed a 3L box of wine in my luggage for 4 out of 5 cruises. Only once was I caught and had to go to the naughty room to collect my bag. I didn't care....I knew what I had done. I did not get that box of wine until my last day. But, and this is where you come in, there were others as well who had additional quantities of soda who were also not allowed to get those back until the last day.

But depending on which port, which ship, which porter or whomever else, you may have no problem at all. Oh, yeah, and I have seen plenty of people with some small rolling cart sort of thing with bungee cords....but not like one of those old fold up carts that you see old people walking to the grocery store with sometimes.

Thanks for not caring ;). Yea. I'm thinking along the line of one of those little carts...you can actually fold them up and fit them in a small suite case. It's "L" shaped with 2 wheels. You would typically see them in an office supply store. Perfect for rolling a box of copy paper in.

Well somebody is getting very sensitive.

I guess something struck a nerve.

lol that's why Im laughing. OP asked what would happen if he ignored the rules and tried to check in soda .. and I answered. Now he says, my posts about things I have read that actually happened ...contributed nothing. why did I open my mouth.

I must be bored today .. just trying to post things I knew had happened when someone tries to check soda, that they posted on CC.

Actually JimBob it does affect us. The more people who take exception to the rule and feel special and break the rule, the more chance Carnival will take the privilege away. You want to haul it on your cart or rolling cooler, just make sure you follow the size requirement.

And no, I have no idea what sodas you are carrying on. Could care less. I don't and will never drink 3 in a day. You go right ahead. Just don't pack them in your carry on mmmmmmkay? Cool.

Oh, and option 5 is to stop continually asking if an exception will be made for you. It won't.

Do I really have to carry on 4 12 packs of soda on CCL? What'll happen if I just check them? Will they most likely make it to the room?

I'm thinking about putting the 4 12 packs in a cheap duffel bag with a tag on it. I doubt the guy taking the bags would pick up on that they are sodas. I'll be with wife and 2 kids so the less I have to carry on, the better. I'll do it if I have to. But just trying to figure out what the worst thing is that can happen. Here are the 3 possible outcomes I see...

1) I have to go to the so called naughty room. Is that really a big deal? Does this have any impact on the other bags I check? In other words, if one bag gets nailed, do I have to get all my bags from the naughty room or just the sodas.

2) Baggage handler won't take it. Then I'll carry it on.

3) It makes it to my room with no problem.

Any other possibilities?[/quote]

No, not at all....you just got it handed to you and have nothing to say, therefore a "somebody is getting very sensitive" reply. Your opinion was not asked for with this post. If you don't have anything good to say, then keep it to yourself....your opinion is of no value to anyone...no value...nada...nothing...especially not to this post.

You asked questions.

People including myself gave answers/opinions.

Do you want answers? or only ones you want to hear?

Many here gave you replys, you didn't seem to like almost any of them.

Then you got on the defensive replying to everyone in your exceptionally delightful way.

I don't really care what you do.

You will be on your vacation, doing your thing.

Don't worry what anybody says or thinks,

you are the only one that matters.

I think I remember the word entitled being used earlier.

You are entitled to your opinion..your vacation, and your 48 non alcoholic

whatevers, that you want to stuff in your suitcase or whatever or where

ever you want to stuff it.;)

Your opinion was not asked for with this post.

If you post a question on a board with over 800,000 members then you are asking for over 800,000 opinions. If you don't like those odds, or the responses you get, or don't value the opinion of the people who respond to you, perhaps this isn't the place to ask your question. :rolleyes:

Actually JimBob it does affect us. The more people who take exception to the rule and feel special and break the rule, the more chance Carnival will take the privilege away. You want to haul it on your cart or rolling cooler, just make sure you follow the size requirement.

And no, I have no idea what sodas you are carrying on. Could care less. I don't and will never drink 3 in a day. You go right ahead. Just don't pack them in your carry on mmmmmmkay? Cool.

Oh, and option 5 is to stop continually asking if an exception will be made for you. It won't.

JimBob??? Are you okay? You may need some help. You made some oddball comment about health which was totally off....especially since I'll be bringing seltzer on board. Obviously you are clueless. If you have value to add to the post, please do so. You're option #5 is reject because your first reply had less value than spam that ends up in my junk email box....ouch.

"mmmmmmkay?" again, are you okay?

JimBob??? Are you okay? You may need some help. You made some oddball comment about health which was totally off....especially since I'll be bringing seltzer on board. Obviously you are clueless. If you have value to add to the post, please do so. You're option #5 is reject because your first reply had less value than spam that ends up in my junk email box....ouch.

"mmmmmmkay?" again, are you okay?

Actually you did say soda not seltzer in your original post,just saying, enjoy your cruise.

I'm thinking about putting the 4 12 packs in a cheap duffel bag with a tag on it. I doubt the guy taking the bags would pick up on that they are sodas. I'll be with wife and 2 kids so the less I have to carry on, the better. I'll do it if I have to. But just trying to figure out what the worst thing is that can happen. Here are the 3 possible outcomes I see...

1) I have to go to the so called naughty room. Is that really a big deal? Does this have any impact on the other bags I check? In other words, if one bag gets nailed, do I have to get all my bags from the naughty room or just the sodas.

You asked questions.

People including myself gave answers/opinions.

No, people including yourself made judgment calls.....not answers....evidence of cluelessness #1

Do you want answers? or only ones you want to hear?

Like I said earlier, I would carry on the soda if I had to. It's not much of a big deal to me.

Many here gave you replys, you didn't seem to like almost any of them.

Please reread the posts. Obviously, again, you are clueless (2nd time)....there were some replies that I did like....

Then you got on the defensive replying to everyone in your exceptionally delightful way.

No, only to a few that actually thought they contributed when they didn't.

I don't really care what you do.

You will be on your vacation, doing your thing.

Don't worry what anybody says or thinks,

you are the only one that matters.

I think I remember the word entitled being used earlier.

You are entitled to your opinion..your vacation, and your 48 non alcoholic

whatevers, that you want to stuff in your suitcase or whatever or where

ever you want to stuff it.;)

Now a tone change....if you started with this, I would have actually thought twice about your now useless comments.

Now a tone change....if you started with this, I would have actually thought twice about your now useless comments.

That wasn't a tone change.

I was at the desktop, but back on the phone now.

Hear the difference?

Besides.. look back at the soda/seltzer comment.

It's her turn now.

Uh oh...

Your next :D

This one doesn't even merit a response, but since you insist....

google: define soda

You'll get:

1) Carbonated water (originally made with sodium bicarbonate).

2) A carbonated soft drink.

What in flavored seltzer does not fit that definition? Please enlighten me.

[quote name='txstarla']I'm just fine JimBob. You're the one asking what to do and we told ya. Have a great "seltzer" cruise![/QUOTE]

I didn't really expect an answer to the "Are you okay" question. Since you did, I can only assume the opposite.

Nevertheless, I will entertain your silly comment. No, you gave some useless opinion about health w/o knowing the full picture. You didn't answer any questions. You're post had nothing to do with the original question. You contributed nada, so please....go away....thanks.

[quote name='Jimi123']I'm thinking about putting the 4 12 packs in a cheap duffel bag with a tag on it. I doubt the guy taking the bags would pick up on that they are sodas. I'll be with wife and 2 kids so the less I have to carry on, the better. I'll do it if I have to. But just trying to figure out what the worst thing is that can happen. Here are the 3 possible outcomes I see...

My Husband & I took this same cruise last Oct. From the hotel we stayed in, the night before,I brought 6 20oz bottles, from the machine, for a buck a piece. I put them in my suitcase, not forsure what would happen..they made it to the room,they did search the bag, left a note,explaning something showed up..But they made it through ok, I put them in a frig, and very morning my husband sat out on the balcony, enjoyed a cold coke,he does not care for coffee. I am taking this same cruise in july ,with my sister, i plan on taping 2 12 packs together, and tying them to my carryon pull up handle, I saw other people to that, I also so cases of water taken on..Good luck, and enjoy your cruise.

Nope. I will stay and enjoy the banter. Your lack of response to the pertinent questions posed by various members is enlightening. This isn't about "seltzer" or soda, but you already know that...

Holy Sheet, this thread is better than ABC's Saturday night special.
Wow! All over some "soda/seltzer/cola/pop".
Get the panties unwadded and be grateful for the suggestions you received, or ignore the suggestions and do whatever you want (which seems what you plan anyways).
Good luck and happy cruising.

P.S. Please see the Chair Hog thread. Wouldn't want you to lose any towels while you are playing by your own, "I'm the exception", rules.

[quote name='imnance']So, Jimi, if you just came here looking for a fight, why not just say so? Why hide behind a question you already knew the answer to?[/QUOTE]

I really didn't come looking for a fight. I just pushed back. I guess the 50K plus posters aren't used to getting it handed back at them and are now asking why I came looking for a fight.

I had a basic question and got a bunch of nonsense JUDGMENTAL responses from so called "seasoned" cruises/poster, or whatever you want to call them.

[quote name='txstarla']Option 4 Consider the health of you and your family and start cutting back on the soda intake. Then you won't have to "bend" any rules.[/quote]

How about you worry about your family and let the other poster worry about there soda intake.. Past 2 cruises ive take a 24 pack onboard just for me.. Ill drink 3 or 4 a day had a few left told the room stewart to help himself..

[quote name='vols_159']How about you worry about your family and let the other poster worry about there soda intake.. Past 2 cruises ive take a 24 pack onboard just for me.. Ill drink 3 or 4 a day had a few left told the room stewart to help himself..[/QUOTE]

I am sure the room stewarD appreciated the kindness. Check my other posts in this thread. The main topic here is not health, but I do wish the best for you and your blood sugar. Happy cruising.

[quote name='cruiselover1960']My Husband & I took this same cruise last Oct. From the hotel we stayed in, the night before,I brought 6 20oz bottles, from the machine, for a buck a piece. I put them in my suitcase, not forsure what would happen..they made it to the room,they did search the bag, left a note,explaning something showed up..But they made it through ok, I put them in a frig, and very morning my husband sat out on the balcony, enjoyed a cold coke,he does not care for coffee. I am taking this same cruise in july ,with my sister, i plan on taping 2 12 packs together, and tying them to my carryon pull up handle, I saw other people to that, I also so cases of water taken on..Good luck, and enjoy your cruise.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm actually going to roll them in. I wouldn't want a can to break over someone else's luggage. Also, with all the shaking from the handlers, I'd have soda all over the room as soon as I popped the top.

[quote name='txstarla']Nope. I will stay and enjoy the banter. Your lack of response to the pertinent questions posed by various members is enlightening. This isn't about "seltzer" or soda, but you already know that...[/QUOTE]

Again, I ask....Are you okay??? What question did someone ask that I did NOT answer? Are you looking at a different post and posting a response to this one?

Please post responses to the correct thread. Thanks.

Archived