Caught with booze

There are zero consequences. They just take the bottles and give them back to you when you return. Unless your pride is going to be shattered by having to go to the naughty room administered by some underpayed CCL staffer, I really have no clue what would embarass you about being caught.

I only smuggled once and honestly...I just don't care enough to do it now and worry about getting called to the naughty room, haha (I lock my luggage).

That said...we put Hypnotiq in a Listerine cool mint mouthwash bottle and it got through. Same color and all ;) but yeah, despite having rinsed the ever loving crap out of that bottle, we could still taste the mouthwash a bit. yuck.

We also smuggled dark rum in a two 12-oz (or whatever, 16 oz, not sure, but not the big liter one) Coke bottles and put it in our checked bag and that made it through as well. But this was in 2005 so not sure if either of these would even work.

We've made it on with our RR's on every cruise that we've been on that has gone to the Caribbean. Bought a bottle of Kaluaha (sp?) via Bon Voyage when we were on Spirit to Alaska in 2010, and didn't bother to bring the RR's when we were in Europe last year.

And no, I am not going to share my secrets ;-)

Archived