Caught with booze

Have you ever been caught trying to sneak brooze on board? What did you do? What did they do? Please share your story. Is there really a naughty room? Would love to hear about it if you don't mind me laughing a little but it could be me caught next time.

My son and his friends decided to try getting it through in a listerine bottle. It worked the first time but the liquor tasted like listerine. The second time they cruised they did it again and this time they got caught. They had a letter in their luggage saying it had been taken and would be destroyed. Boy did I laugh at them. I really enjoyed saying "I told you so"!:D Funny thing is they had a good time without getting hammered.

Yes there is a naughty room, been there myself. It is full of booe taken from people. You get in a line, open your suitcase and they remove the booze. People were acting like they had no idea they could not have it. He shook my water bottle and looked at all of my soda to see if it was booze. Sometimes a smile and a nice joke gets you a long ways. I kept my water bottle and enjoyed my cruise. I have never heard of anyone saying they left the naughty room with a smile.

Last cruise I received a note- they looked in my suitcase.

Next cruise I will just buy the bottle from them. Cost lessto buy it than to buy drinks all cruise. We enjoy having drinks in our room and balcony.

Our last cruise around the pool lots of people said they had the booze removed. Carnival wants to make money from you so they are checking the bags more.

Buy a FCC for your next cruise-it gives us $100 free on our 7 day. We will buy a bottle of booze and buy a picture from formal night.

good lucK

Booze in a shampoo bottle!!!! Nasty- to much work to smuggle. Just add the cost of booze into your inexpensive Carnival cruise.

Have you ever been caught trying to sneak brooze on board? What did you do? What did they do? Please share your story. Is there really a naughty room? Would love to hear about it if you don't mind me laughing a little but it could be me caught next time.

Tried smuggling on our Freedom '09 cruise, group of 26 of us I had 1 Fifth of Grey Goose in my luggage, busted open my suitcase and there is this note saying my booze had confiscated, and I could get it back the last night. Funny thing is, all the rest of group had tons more booze stashed and it all made it on board. Just my luck though, I that guy that could be in a raffle of 100 tickets, I buy 99 and they would pull the own I didn't buy. As for a naughty room, I'm sure it exists, and all no-no items reside there.

Whats weird, they brought the Vodka back at like 7pm on the last night, so needless to say, I didn't buy any booze on the last night.

Mimgan

Tried smuggling on our Freedom '10 cruise, group of 26 of us I had 1 Fifth of Grey Goose in my luggage, busted open my suitcase and there is this note saying my booze had confiscated, and I could get it back the last night. Funny thing is, all the rest of group had tons more booze stashed and it all made it on board. Just my luck though, I that guy that could be in a raffle of 100 tickets, I buy 99 and they would pull the own I didn't buy. As for a naughty room, I'm sure it exists, and all no-no items reside there.

Whats weird, they brought the Vodka back at like 7pm on the last night, so needless to say, I didn't buy any booze on the last night.

Mimgan

My FIL was in August, on the Dream. Basically, he was trying to bring it on in a water bottle. But it was vodka. They went to pour it our and he told the person about to dump it to keep it for themselves, he didn't want his expensive vodka going to waste. They dumped it.

Anyone had "bad luck" with RR's?

Yes, if you use the large ones, they can be seen on X-ray. Mine was under my tolietries, wrapped up in my black bathing suit, and they saw it. Easier to smuggle on your body or from port than from embarkation.

my sister was caught smuggling 2-26oz's in 2 platypus', she locked her luggage with a key ring. They left a letter in her luggage and they took it. My husband had some alcohol on his person and made through the scanners. However we weren't cause using the 12 pack of soda (adding beer instead of soda)

I, too, have always been successful.

I really don't know why I smuggle the alcohol on, I don't even drink it.

I still buy the drinks at the bar, because they are just so darn good. ;)

Hey how's Licky haven't seen any posts from you since the Freedom. I see your going on the Breeze too only a month earlier then us. Good to see your still cruising.

I have some new ideas to try next cruise. I also have never been caught. I think its just a little fun to try. No big deal if it gets taken away. When they start kicking us off for this I'll stop but till then lets play hide and seek.

As I think of the experience, I shutter and my knees get weak. It was an experience that I will never forget.

I put my back pack on the xray machine belt. It moved slowly, and I could not take my eyes off of my contraband. As it entered the machine I knew I was smarter than everyone that had ever walked through this point of entry, but as it disappeared behind the strips of curtain, the fear chilled my blood. I knew they had me.

My back pack exited the xray machine, and the belt stopped. The whole room stopped with the belt, and everyone looked at me. The person behind me froze with her eyes on me, the photographer taking the Welcome to your Cruise Vacation stopped and looked at me with laser eyes. I knew at that point in time my plan had failed.

Security rushed towards my bag and asked if it was mine. I hesitated, and one of them whipped out his taser and hit me with 2000 volts of education. As I flopped on the almost clean floor I realized that the vodka in an old mouth wash bottle was not worth it. They found the bottle as I staggered back to my feet. I confirmed it was not mouth wash and they told me I was good to go. As I walked to the ship all I could think of was, I should have bought a rum runner.

If you lock your luggage, they will call you to the naughty room. if your luggage is unlocked, they will just remove it.

I zip tie our luggage every.single.time. Never been called to this "naughty room" and have always had lots and lots of booze make it through.

As I think of the experience, I shutter and my knees get weak. It was an experience that I will never forget.

I put my back pack on the xray machine belt. It moved slowly, and I could not take my eyes off of my contraband. As it entered the machine I knew I was smarter than everyone that had ever walked through this point of entry, but as it disappeared behind the strips of curtain, the fear chilled my blood. I knew they had me.

My back pack exited the xray machine, and the belt stopped. The whole room stopped with the belt, and everyone looked at me. The person behind me froze with her eyes on me, the photographer taking the Welcome to your Cruise Vacation stopped and looked at me with laser eyes. I knew at that point in time my plan had failed.

Security rushed towards my bag and asked if it was mine. I hesitated, and one of them whipped out his taser and hit me with 2000 volts of education. As I flopped on the almost clean floor I realized that the vodka in an old mouth wash bottle was not worth it. They found the bottle as I staggered back to my feet. I confirmed it was not mouth wash and they told me I was good to go. As I walked to the ship all I could think of was, I should have bought a rum runner.

Now thats funny thanks for sharing.

Yea but did you get to keep the booze? That's all that matters ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived