Sun Princess ..... World Cruise 2012

hi all I am back ....

now to get stuck into some serious stalking....

when do they arrive in Mykonos..... is it today...... oh how nice is it there...

some big drops in the 90 day european cruise on the princess site if anyone is tempted by all this...

joanne

hi all I am back ....

now to get stuck into some serious stalking....

when do they arrive in Mykonos..... is it today...... oh how nice is it there...

some big drops in the 90 day european cruise on the princess site if anyone is tempted by all this...joanne

Arrival will be in 3 hrs 54 min. (at 07:00 h local time)

I think there is a port cam for Mykonos so we should be able to pick them up.Wonder if they will dock or tender?

Arrival will be in 3 hrs 54 min. (at 07:00 h local time)

I think there is a port cam for Mykonos so we should be able to pick them up.Wonder if they will dock or tender?

the one good thing about tendering is that they drop you off right in the centre of town....

Before they get to Mykonos, Greece latter on today.

Here are a few webcam captures I got, over the last few days:

(Work got in the way of me posting these early :o, sorry!)

Aqaba, Jordan - Thursday, 14 June:

ShowImage.aspx?i=193083

ShowImage.aspx?i=193093

ShowImage.aspx?i=193095

ShowImage.aspx?i=193103

sun_bridge-3-21.jpg

sun_bridge-4-17.jpg

sun_bridge-5-10.jpg

Suez Canal - Saturday, 16 June 2012:

I am not a big fan of posting webcam pics while they are in the Suez Canal (Just in case a pirate is reading CC :p) , here are two more captures:

ShowImage.aspx?i=193335

ShowImage.aspx?i=193333

SUN PRINCESS at ShipWatcher

Alexandria, Egypt - Sunday, 17 June:

It looks like the sun came out for them:

ShowImage.aspx?i=193471

SUN PRINCESS at ShipWatcher

from Steve and Donnas blog...

expecting to go to Mykonos today...

Short report today :)

We will drop anchor a 7am tomorrow and commence tendering shortly after.

Footnote: The Captain has cancelled our stop at Mykonos due as the very strong winds, and choppy seas made it not safe enough for tendering operation which is quite understandable. Tender ports are always problematic, so it is not unexpected. On the plus side we will now be going past the Dardinelles (spelling?) in daylight hours, and he is seeking approval to berth earlier in Istanbul.

On the plus side we will now be going past the Dardanelles (spelling?) in daylight hours, and he is seeking approval to berth earlier in Istanbul.

A daylight transit of the Dardanelles will be fantastic...

Now I must sidetrack here as it reminds me of a funny story.....told over dinner one night by a passenger who was on this cruise. The cruise was through the Dardanelles in daylight, but unfortunately , the ships Port Lecturer who was intending giving a commentary as they sailed through had to leave the ship. The Captain deputised one of the entertainment crew to give the running talk, so the crew member swatted it all up , found a guide book on google which described the sail through , and so was able to read it out as the cruised along much to everyone's pleasure. Unfortunately they failed to realise that it was written for a transit west to east and they had done an east to west passage, so everything that was read out, ie the landmarks they passed , were back to front and no one realised until they were approaching the end.

I am sure Sun Princess's transit will be more successful.:D

Princess Cruises Sun Princess Mykonos, Greece 6-19-2012 7:00 AM 2:00 PM

Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Equinox Mykonos, Greece (Tender) 6-19-2012 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

Royal Caribbean Splendour Of The Seas Mykonos, Greece (Tender) 6-19-2012 1:00 PM 10:00 PM

2 other ships were also due at Mykonos today.

Welcome back!, How was your land trip to the USA??

Hi Stu.... enjoyed the trip, hated travelling on a bus.... would much rather do the travelling at night while I sleep in my cabin..... ha... we crossed the Missouri, Mississippi and Ohio river that many times I sure we could have done the trip by boat LOL....

did you see the pic's on facebook or read the blog ... couldn't help but photograph the food.... glad to be home to normal portions LOL.....

Welcome back!, How was your land trip to the USA??

Hi Stu.... enjoyed the trip, hated travelling on a bus.... would much rather do the travelling at night while I sleep in my cabin..... ha... we crossed the Missouri, Mississippi and Ohio river that many times I sure we could have done the trip by boat LOL....

did you see the pic's on facebook or read the blog ... couldn't help but photograph the food.... glad to be home to normal portions LOL.....

No I have not had a chance to read your blog yet, as I was cruising while you where away :)

Least they might get more time in Istanbul. Fantastic city to explore.

at one stage last year we thought we were going to do an overnight in Istanbul... would have love to have seen the city lit up at night... what a fantastic sail in Istanbul was...

joanne

sun princess has finnally shown up on the AIS map for me in the Sea of Marmara....

keep an eye on the bridge cam as there are some spectacular sights as she sails in..... not quite light yet....

joanne

sun princess has finnally shown up on the AIS map for me in the Sea of Marmara....

keep an eye on the bridge cam as there are some spectacular sights as she sails in..... not quite light yet....

joanne

Should pick her up on this cam as well.Dawn is just breaking.:)

http://www.bigloveturkey.com/pages/istanbul-webcams.asp

select Galata Tower

What happened about the passengers without Indian visa's? We object to having to pay for a visa when you don't even want to go ashore so would like to know in case we ever go that way.

My understanding is that even if you don't wish to go ashore, you are on a vessel in their territorial waters and therefore need a visa.

The same as any boats coming into Australian or NZ waters carrying people needs visas for everyone on board.

Archived