Best seafood resteraunt in Anchorage

Ready 4 the next 1

I doubt it. By 6:00 downtown should be clear of any office workers. The lots around there should have plenty of spaces and even the streets might be open. Being that that is memorial day weekend, there is a mass exodus of people heading mostly south to the Kenai Peninsula. Downtown parking should be a breeze.

Uh oh, a mass exodus out of town? So we could have lots of company on our drive to Alyeska that Friday morning?!

Uh oh, a mass exodus out of town? So we could have lots of company on our drive to Alyeska that Friday morning?!

You'll have a lot leave Thursday night, or a lot of times the big exodus starts at noon on Friday!

Susan in Anchorage :)

You'll have a lot leave Thursday night, or a lot of times the big exodus starts at noon on Friday!

Makes sense. We'll be on the road Friday morning. Now that I think about it, we won't really care about the traffic (couldn't be any worse than Dallas!), because we'll be in ALASKA!!!

Makes sense. We'll be on the road Friday morning. Now that I think about it, we won't really care about the traffic (couldn't be any worse than Dallas!), because we'll be in ALASKA!!!

As a couple of reminders, when you're on the Seward Highway you must drive with your lights on and also at anytime that you have 5 or more vehicles behind you, you must pull over when it's safe to do (that's basically for the RVs that are pulling a car and like to travel together).

As a couple of reminders, when you're on the Seward Highway you must drive with your lights on and also at anytime that you have 5 or more vehicles behind you, you must pull over when it's safe to do (that's basically for the RVs that are pulling a car and like to travel together).

One more thing, when there is a lot of traffic on the road, some people begin to drive like nuts. If you want to take your time, pull over and let people pass. I personally, never hit the road on Thursday night or friday because of the traffic. Most of the people on the road know where they are going and want to get there fast-sometimes too fast. SO, if you do drive on that Friday, be careful.

Oh the only thing worse than driving down there on that Friday is driving back Monday evening. ;)

OH NO....I will be on the road too....going to the Kenai with everyone else....Maybe the price of gas will be too much and some will stay home this year?......BTW....Clamming was pretty darn good this past weekend....but they were deep....:(

OH NO....I will be on the road too....going to the Kenai with everyone else....Maybe the price of gas will be too much and some will stay home this year?......BTW....Clamming was pretty darn good this past weekend....but they were deep....:(

The lowest I have seen in town so far is $4.23. Now expect to pay more on the Kenai Peninsula, even though the refinery is down there.

Still amazed that we live in a state with the TransAlaska pipeline and still pay some of the highest prices in the U.S.

Ninilchik.....Lots of fun. Actually went with fish and Game....had such a good time, we stayed the night and went again....Figured on a Monday that it would be pretty quiet....NOT.....there were 200 kids on a school expedition clamming and getting dirty....kids on ATV's, kids with buckets, kids with shovels, several school buses....living the life of an Alaskan kid....:) Went to Homer to check out some stuff...stopped by Portage Lake on the way back....It is completely frozen still and lots of patchy snow on the ground....BTW..Diesel was 5.23 on the Kenai....Forget what Tesoro....

Ninilchik.....Lots of fun. Actually went with fish and Game....had such a good time, we stayed the night and went again....Figured on a Monday that it would be pretty quiet....NOT.....there were 200 kids on a school expedition clamming and getting dirty....kids on ATV's, kids with buckets, kids with shovels, several school buses....living the life of an Alaskan kid....:) Went to Homer to check out some stuff...stopped by Portage Lake on the way back....It is completely frozen still and lots of patchy snow on the ground....BTW..Diesel was 5.23 on the Kenai....Forget what Tesoro....

Sounds like a lot of fun. Were the clams good size? I know a couple of years ago F&G said the clams there would be small for a few years. Perhaps we have passed that now...I hope....

Archived