hip strip safety

sddbb

we are a party of 3 with 2 adults and a toddler. we are considering the ship's sightseeing excursion that includes "leisure time at mobay's hip strip". just wondering if it's safe for us to wander around in that area as i assume we'll be on our own for the portion of time.

thanks.

We just returned from there this week!! We had a group of 8 (that included two children 13 & 5) that walked from Doctor's Cove beach to Margaritaville. Had no problem. Several taxi drivers wanted us to take tours but we just said No. Two police women came by us and asked us if everything was ok. Told them just fine that they had a beautiful country. Some store owner wanted us to go inside sometimes we did and sometimes we didn't. We did buy some things from there. Never had a problem. In fact our group said Jamaica was there favorite port!!

We spent several days in Mo Bay at a resort in Nov. My husband and I walk around the hip strip without any problems. You will have MANY shop owners asking you to come in. But, you are safe. We saw police on the streets while we were there, too. They have some nice carved things in the shops. I saw a large vase for $20 that I did not get--and am sorry!

Archived