Are roll away beds available anymore (Dawn DOS)?

We are lucky enough to have the Dawn DOS booked for our upcoming trip to Bermuda. We have four adults and two children (4 & 2) sailing with us. I asked my travel agent today to note two bedding requests in our reservation, eggcrate for the second bedroom bed (no problem) and a rollaway twin bed in the master bedroom for the kids to be with us, rather than in the living room. I could have sworn I have seen pictures of that set up in the Dawn or Star DOS rooms before. There is plenty of room.

Well, the agent called NCL three times and was told each time that the Dawn does not have rollaway beds. When we previously asked for a pack & play for the youngest, they said they could not give us one of those as he is over 24 months.

Obviously, this is not even close to a deal breaker. If it comes to it, we will just make nests on the floor in the master bedroom for our kids and they will be thrilled. But I thought the rollaway, even just leaving it out and setup, would be easier and tidier.

I tried searching but did not find anything. Has anyone else heard roll aways are no longer available? Or are the phone folk just not aware of them?

Update -- On the fourth attempt, someone let my agent reserve a pack n play for the room. (The pack and play was denied as a matter of policy based on my son's cruising age when we made the initial reservation. The agent had not asked for it again today until the fourth call.)

I will be very curious to see what is actually there when we show up. :)

I think when they replace the sofas with sofa-beds they did away with the rollaways - think about it - they no longer have to store the rollaways when not in use. It also caused some flack when some of the new hidabeds came in as singles instead of doubles - all of a sudden the max pax went from 4 to 3. This happened on most of the SF and some of the SE catagory suites.

We are lucky enough to have the Dawn DOS booked for our upcoming trip to Bermuda. We have four adults and two children (4 & 2) sailing with us. I asked my travel agent today to note two bedding requests in our reservation, eggcrate for the second bedroom bed (no problem) and a rollaway twin bed in the master bedroom for the kids to be with us, rather than in the living room. I could have sworn I have seen pictures of that set up in the Dawn or Star DOS rooms before. There is plenty of room.

Well, the agent called NCL three times and was told each time that the Dawn does not have rollaway beds. When we previously asked for a pack & play for the youngest, they said they could not give us one of those as he is over 24 months.

Obviously, this is not even close to a deal breaker. If it comes to it, we will just make nests on the floor in the master bedroom for our kids and they will be thrilled. But I thought the rollaway, even just leaving it out and setup, would be easier and tidier.

I tried searching but did not find anything. Has anyone else heard roll aways are no longer available? Or are the phone folk just not aware of them?

I have been on several NCL cruises with my sister as the third person in our room. Since she paid the cheaper fare and we are usually in an inside cabin, I always tell her she has to sleep on the upper bed. She will not do this and we always ask the room steward for a roll away bed and always get one.

LadyShiva -- thanks, I have heard it can definitely be hit or miss. We will bring our own linens and disinfecting wipes. At least we are at an age with him where floor sleeping is an option. If it was for a much smaller kiddo, we might bring our own.

We were very happy with the metal folding crib we got from NCL three years ago for dd, but the rails on that are shorter than the pack & play and there is less "floor space" in it for our older boy to stretch out.

Archived