The "Past Guest" Checkbox used to mean so much more to me.....

Every once in a while I check out rates for a cruise we are looking for spring break next year. Dream departing on Mar 23 for E Caribbean. Noticed that when I uncheck that Past Guest box (and the resident state....FL) the rates don't go.........up. So I understand supply and demand and the fact it's spring break out of Port Canaveral so the Orlando draw is there. Then changed the dates to Sept 2012 and quickly noticed the $300+ per person difference :-). But also noticed that toggling that check box again had no effect on the price per person.

Am missing something? Is Orlando that much of a draw? It's sort of like docking in Long Beach and calling it Palm Springs.

Messed around with it more for a bit out of Miami and could not find where the state residency (any state) or the Past Guest had any influence on the cost. Almost as if one would ask why is it there......

I booked my upcoming Dream cruise back in December of 2011. The rates haven't changed a penny. All I have seen is my room catergory sell out - so I guess it must be supply and demand.

My Glory cruise, I have seen the resident rate, military and past guest rate go up and down. Best rate I found was past guest with upgrades to the highest catergory (paid a 4A price for a 4H room). They are no longer offering that rate, but there are still resident rates floating around.

Archived