Alaska Review on the Carnival Spirit

Oh my your pictures are stunning...fantastic

I won't be at Glacier Bay but since I have never seen a glacier I am excited

I have not even seen snow in so long I forget what it looks like

(or feels like..brrr LOL)

did you use the indoor pool or hot tubs at all? Hot tub in gym??

did anyone??

thanks

Thank you! You guys are cruise Tracy Arm Fjord right? I want to see it the next time we cruise Alaska. We were thinking of doing the excursion to Tracy Arm but the price was a little higher than I wanted to spend.

We used the hot tub once. There was a lady and her son swimming in the dome pool once other than that hardly anyone was in the pools. The hot tubs had a good amount of people in them every now and than. I never went to serenity so I couldn't say if the hot tubs there were crowded.

Lots more snow on the ground this year than for the first cruise of last year. I do have some of the exact same pics. We loved the train too. Since we were two adults with no little ones to worry about we took the trip all the way up to Carcross and it was magnificent.

I bet the longer train ride was beautiful. We thought about changing to it from the 3 hour but the kids would have died to be stuck on it that long!

Once we went as far as the captain would take us we turned around and headed out of John Hopkins inlet. On the way out there was another glacier, Lamplugh Glacier ...

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

I'll leave you with my absolute favorite picture of Margerie Glacier!!!!

Be back tomorrow to finish this review off ... fingers crossed.

Glacierbay.jpg

I bet the longer train ride was beautiful. We thought about changing to it from the 3 hour but the kids would have died to be stuck on it that long!

Wise choice because we were exhausted when we got back. Also noticed it to be VERY windy walking back to the ship from the train depot although it was a nice sunny day.:confused:

"DH trying to feed the bird licorice. The ranger announced many times not to but almost every one on the balconys were trying. A couple of people a deck above us fed the birds fries. DH wasn’t chosen, they must not have had a sweet tooth that day lol."

I'm one of those silly people who follows instructions given by park rangers when it comes to the wildlife. I know...I'm such a loser. Wish I could be such a free spirit. Sigh...maybe one of these days.

AWESOME pictures, btw, of the glaciers.

Thank you!!

We had booked the 3 day repo for a back to back along with the 7 day Alaska but had to cancel due to the Jones Act :(

We met some people on the three-day who were also booked on the Alaska. Two guys from St. Louis, Tony & I can't remember the other guy's name. I didn't mention the Jones Act to them but worried about whether they'd have any trouble.

We met some people on the three-day who were also booked on the Alaska. Two guys from St. Louis, Tony & I can't remember the other guy's name. I didn't mention the Jones Act to them but worried about whether they'd have any trouble.

Really!!?? We had it booked then posted somewhere on CC about it and a response came in about the Jones Act and how its illegal. When I called my TA he knew nothing about it. After being transferred to all sorts of managers and them calling Carnival and Carnival not knowing for sure we decided to cancel ... we just didn't want to take a chance of spending all that money and getting to Vancouver and being told we can't sail the 2nd leg and being fined (i think its $300 per person)!!

"DH trying to feed the bird licorice. The ranger announced many times not to but almost every one on the balconys were trying. A couple of people a deck above us fed the birds fries. DH wasn’t chosen, they must not have had a sweet tooth that day lol."

I'm one of those silly people who follows instructions given by park rangers when it comes to the wildlife. I know...I'm such a loser. Wish I could be such a free spirit. Sigh...maybe one of these days.

AWESOME pictures, btw, of the glaciers.

You are not a loser! DH just wanted the birds to fly close enough since DD loves to feed them at local parks here at home.

Aesome review but I can't see the pictures anymore. Not since the crab place. Not sure if it's just my computer.

I was view your pictures last evening but now the new ones say,

UPGRADE to PRO Today Bandwidth Exceeded Photobucket.

Is that something you must do or do we???

Leaving in 2 Weeks, stressed about packing BIG time.

Susan from Indiana

I can't see them either. CC wants me to "go Pro" since the photos are taking up a lot of bandwidth due to many views. I'll subscribe and wait until this thread gets buried on page 12. :)

Cruise Critic does not want YOU to "go pro"..it is NOT CC asking

It is photobucket, where the OP put her photos...she is getting a LOT of views and has

exceeded bandwidth

The OP is being asked (by photobucket) to upgrade her account

which she may or may not choose to do, maybe can transfer these beautiful pics to a more user friendly site, or else she would have to upgrade

hth

I can't see the pictures either...after ready that these were taken by a professional, I really, really wanted to!

I hope it can be fixed!

Lol I wouldn't say I'm a professional:p Not all the images I posted were edit, that would take too long. I do hope you enjoy the pictures and review!!