sensation or paradise??

Depends on your tolerance for gawdy decoration and mediocre ports.

Sensation has the "Evolutions of Fun" upgrades which includes the Waterworks area, updated cabins, and redesigned pool deck. However, the ship is gawdy. Think of awful 90's Old Vegas decor. Tacky neon. Purple, purple, and more purple.

Paradise hasn't received the full "Evolutions of Fun" upgrades, although it does have the Serenity Deck. Decoration is much more toned down and eye pleasing. The Paradise is 6 years younger than the Sensation.

As far as destinations go, I would pick a Western Caribbean itinerary (Paradise) ANY DAY before I pick a ship that sails to the Bahamas (Sensation).

I don't care for going back to the Bahamas but if I had to choose between the two ships, I would pick the Sensation. I have been on it a few times and on the Paradise once. If I picked the Sensation, I would just stay on the ship at port.

we have been on both ships. They are both really nice. As far as decor to me it doesnt matter to me. That wouldnt make me not book one over the other. I do prefer the western over the eastern itenerary. So for you it would be what ports you like better.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived