Imagination questions?

Hi all. Sailing on the Imagination soon and have some questions for the Carnival experts. Why does the Imagination dock at the OM in Key West when there are no other ships in port that day and she departs way before sunset. What time does the cruise terminal open at the Port of Miami? On my cruise of choice they let you in even before check in begins. Is there enough time to go to Channkanab Park with the ships afternoon arrival into Cozumel? Lastly, Can I do the whole 4 day cruise in just shorts and tee's without feeling under dressed in the evening. Just once would like to not check baggage or dress for dinner. I know I can not go into the MDR in this attire. Thanks for your help:)

Hi all. Sailing on the Imagination soon and have some questions for the Carnival experts. Why does the Imagination dock at the OM in Key West when there are no other ships in port that day and she departs way before sunset. What time does the cruise terminal open at the Port of Miami? On my cruise of choice they let you in even before check in begins. Is there enough time to go to Channkanab Park with the ships afternoon arrival into Cozumel? Lastly, Can I do the whole 4 day cruise in just shorts and tee's without feeling under dressed in the evening. Just once would like to not check baggage or dress for dinner. I know I can not go into the MDR in this attire. Thanks for your help:)

The dock schedule is anyones guess. We did this itin last year and docked at Mallory Square. You can usually arrive at POM around 10:30 and be on the lido within an hour. It would be a shortish day at Channka but still fun. You'd be fine in casual attire, even in the MDR (except probably for elegant night). Nice itin, enjoyed the Waterworks. Nice little ship. If you are at all into history, the Hemmingway house was pretty cool.

The dock schedule is anyones guess. We did this itin last year and docked at Mallory Square. You can usually arrive at POM around 10:30 and be on the lido within an hour. It would be a shortish day at Channka but still fun. You'd be fine in casual attire, even in the MDR (except probably for elegant night). Nice itin, enjoyed the Waterworks. Nice little ship. If you are at all into history, the Hemmingway house was pretty cool.

Thank you eluchio24. 10:30 sounds good for arrival at the port. All the times I have been to Key West I have never been to the Hemingway House. Even when I stayed at Lighthouse Court and it was right across the street. This time I am going to do it. Thank you for the suggestion.

Been on Imagination 3 times, always got to port at about 10:00, on ship right around 11:00 or so.

I did your itinerary but on The Destiny, so same ideas:

Yes, shorts & T are acceptable accept for formal. One day I'm going to try and do that!

I also agree with Hemingway house. Lots of history, and pretty darned interesting!

Enjoy!

Been on Imagination 3 times, always got to port at about 10:00, on ship right around 11:00 or so.

I did your itinerary but on The Destiny, so same ideas:

Yes, shorts & T are acceptable accept for formal. One day I'm going to try and do that!

I also agree with Hemingway house. Lots of history, and pretty darned interesting!

Enjoy!

Thank you Bibble. I live about an hour from Port of Miami so I could easily be there shortly after 10. Although Monday morning traffic in S.F is crazy. I may just get a room Sunday by the port and add a extra day to my trip. Its been years since I've hung out at Bayside.

No idea why the Imagination docks where it does. I have read a few reviews where they've docked at Mallory Square but on my January sailing, we did not.

You can get to the terminal pretty early, like around 10 or 10:30. They won't start boarding until 11- 11:30 or so.

You can go to Chankanaab but it closes at 4:30 or 5:00, local time so you'll only have a few hours. Depending on what you want to do, that may be enough. You'd have time to do some shopping or something afterward.

Shorts and t-shirts are fine. Elegant night is Key West day. I don't know how dressed up people got on our sailing since it was a windy day and we were feeling the motion of the ocean! But other nights, it was a mix of casual and business casual. If you're only going to the lido, no problem at all.

No idea why the Imagination docks where it does. I have read a few reviews where they've docked at Mallory Square but on my January sailing, we did not.

You can get to the terminal pretty early, like around 10 or 10:30. They won't start boarding until 11- 11:30 or so.

You can go to Chankanaab but it closes at 4:30 or 5:00, local time so you'll only have a few hours. Depending on what you want to do, that may be enough. You'd have time to do some shopping or something afterward.

Shorts and t-shirts are fine. Elegant night is Key West day. I don't know how dressed up people got on our sailing since it was a windy day and we were feeling the motion of the ocean! But other nights, it was a mix of casual and business casual. If you're only going to the lido, no problem at all.

Thank you spacepotatoes. Do you know if we stay on ship time or turn clocks ahead to Cozumel time? Scheduled to arrive at 1pm. So,if it is really noon and I can off the ship and over to the park by 1:30 then it would be enough time for me. If it's 1 Cozumel time and I don't get to the park until 2:30 I feel it would be too rushed.

Thank you spacepotatoes. Do you know if we stay on ship time or turn clocks ahead to Cozumel time? Scheduled to arrive at 1pm. So,if it is really noon and I can off the ship and over to the park by 1:30 then it would be enough time for me. If it's 1 Cozumel time and I don't get to the park until 2:30 I feel it would be too rushed.

We stayed on ship's time and in January, that was 1 hr ahead of Coz time so we got there at noon local time. Not sure what it is now with Daylight Savings. The Fun Times will indicate it and they'll announce it also, to remind everyone.

We stayed on ship's time and in January, that was 1 hr ahead of Coz time so we got there at noon local time. Not sure what it is now with Daylight Savings. The Fun Times will indicate it and they'll announce it also, to remind everyone.

Thank you very much for the great info.:) This will really help me to plan my day. Cozumel is on CDT

Thank you Bibble. I live about an hour from Port of Miami so I could easily be there shortly after 10. Although Monday morning traffic in S.F is crazy. I may just get a room Sunday by the port and add a extra day to my trip. Its been years since I've hung out at Bayside.

We live in the West Palm area.. totally understand the traffic! All but one cruise, we drove down in the morning. But when it was just my husband and I for our anniversary, we stayed at Holiday Inn Port of Miami the night before, and it was WONDERFUL! We had dinner & drinks at Bayside (walked over), and then just a 5 minute drive over in the morning.

Archived