Sunday arrival 3PM...what to do???

Curise4me

Greetings! Our ship will arrive on a Sunday at 3PM. I understand that not much is open on Sunday and the buses do not operate as often. We dock in the Royal Dockyard. Any suggestions to make the best use of this time?

Go to the Maritime Museum and watch the dolphins at Dolphin Quest- there's a gift shop there also. Freeport Restaurant at the Dockyard is more authentic and less expensive.

At night walk around and listen for the whistling frogs, pretty unique! Then the next day, I agree, go see the real Bermuda.

Go to the Maritime Museum and watch the dolphins at Dolphin Quest- there's a gift shop there also. Freeport Restaurant at the Dockyard is more authentic and less expensive.

At night walk around and listen for the whistling frogs, pretty unique! Then the next day, I agree, go see the real Bermuda.

Not sure if we would be able to make it. Website states that last admission for Maritime is 3PM. Although if we get in early, this would be our #1 choice.

Hi Curise,

If you don't make it into the Maritime Museum in time, go down to the Sea Glass Beach (directions here:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1441854

Then stroll around the Dockyard, have a beer (Frog and Onion is good) and gloat over your loot (which you will have in a plastic baggie which you remembered to take to the beach with you) .

You don't say how long you'll be here, but you could save the Museum (with Dolphins), Glassblowing, Pottery, Arts display and Mall shopping for your last day.

Have Fun!

Hi Curise,

If you don't make it into the Maritime Museum in time, go down to the Sea Glass Beach (directions here:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1441854

Then stroll around the Dockyard, have a beer (Frog and Onion is good) and gloat over your loot (which you will have in a plastic baggie which you remembered to take to the beach with you) .

You don't say how long you'll be here, but you could save the Museum (with Dolphins), Glassblowing, Pottery, Arts display and Mall shopping for your last day.

Have Fun!

Thank you everyone for your help. Decided to book the pirate cruise for Sunday 7pm, I have two boys, 4 & 6 and I think they will have a good time, perhaps stopping at glass beach before p/u for cruise. Saving the Museum for Tuesday (last day). So much to do & so little time.

We just got back from Bermuda on the Enchantment. Sunday we got off the ship, purchased transportation passes (kisok right there) and went over and got on a bus into Hamilton. It was a nice introduction to Bermuda to take the bus and to see the beaches as we rode along. Spent about an hour or so walking around Hamilton (some shops were actually open (but we weren't there to shop), stopped at the Hog Penny for a Dark n' Stormy and went back and caught the 6 p.m. ferry back to Dockyards--went to the glassworks and Rum Cake factory.

On Monday morning, we caught the first ferry to St. George's. I am so glad we went over early as the lines were VERY long with two cruise ships in (Enchantment and Dawn) and the ferry filled up before the line was ended. Walked around St. George's, took the ferry to Dockyard and then the #7 bus to the beaches. Spent time on Horseshoe (saw a nesting longtail bird in the caves there), went to the Swizzle Inn South for a Rum Swizzle, took the bus back to the Dockyards. A nice relaxing day.

On Tuesday, caught the early bus and went to the Seaglass Beach. Spent about an hour and a half there, went up to St. James Anglican Church to look around and then back to the Dockyards and browsed the shops there.

I didn't get to Gibbs Lighthouse or the BUEI because my husband wanted to spend the afternoon at the beach but there's always next year!!

Hi PRH,

Great job - sounds like a really varied and fun trip, and you certainly got all around the Island, instead of the usual "beach-and-back".

Come back and see us again sometime, why don'tcha?

Have Fun!

Archived