Fascination: Cat 11 v. Cat 12 Suite

Boo's Mom

A Category 11 v. a category 12...on the Fascination.

Is it worth a $100. per person difference in the two categories?

It looks like there is about a 100 sq ft difference.

Your comments, please...

Well, I guess it would depend on a couple of things....

How many are in your party? How long is your trip?

We were in a cat 11 on the Fascination, and while a 12 would have been wonderful (actually, we booked a guar, got "assigned" a 12, and then got to the pier and had the 11) the 11 really had some wonderful perks too.

Most importantly, how much time do you plan on spending in your cabin? If you spend a lot of time inside, I would definitely go for the 12. I

f you'll be on deck a lot, the 11 is in a great location, right off the Lido deck. Down a hallway and a set of stairs.

From a space perspective, I'd take it hands down. Plus, I loved having the balcony so close to the water.

The previous poster makes some good points, though. The 11s are super-convenient to the outdoor areas, and if you're not the type to spend a lot of time in your cabin, why spend the extra money? I will say, however, that I never spent a lot of time in my cabin until I had a 12 on the Elation, mostly for the balcony (it was my first!). DH and I loved the space, had room for entertaining, had that wonderful, PRIVATE balcony (11s aren't!), and we were near all the indoor areas.

Let us know what you decide!

For the extra $100 I would definitely go with the cat 12. It is much bigger and the balcony is fantastic. Also be aware that some of the cat 11 balconies have view obstructed by the life boats.

I didn't stay in either one, but from the outside, I would probably pick the 12. The 11's are on the 2nd deck from the top, some of them are right under the gym, and some right behind the life boats. The balconies are not private at all. The 12s are in a decent location on the ship with staterooms above and below, but not too far from the action. The balconies can only be seen when you are off the ship, so very private ;), and the balconies looked much larger.

Thanks, guys.

I went ahead and booked the Category 12.

It's a Mother/Teen Daughter Getaway Cruise....sponsored by Brio Magazine. It's only a 3 night cruise...which is why it was only $100. difference.

The TA in charge of booking the group...said that they are getting a lot of interest in this cruise. They have held 500 cabins for the group.

We always spend a lot of time in our cabin.

Thanks for all of the comments.

Archived