Cruise Director

lil_tnk

I too, was very interested in Steve, but am finding it VERY difficult to find out anything about him? Seems nobody knows anything. Maybe he stays hidden for the entire cruise, or is one of those CD's who runs the other way when he sees someone coming towards him? Well, in any case, when I return from my June cruise aboard "Dream", I'll post everything I can find out about Steve, so the rest of the world knows. :D

"SKY"

I too, was very interested in Steve, but am finding it VERY difficult to find out anything about him? Seems nobody knows anything. Maybe he stays hidden for the entire cruise, or is one of those CD's who runs the other way when he sees someone coming towards him? Well, in any case, when I return from my June cruise aboard "Dream", I'll post everything I can find out about Steve, so the rest of the world knows. :D

"SKY"

Interesting, most of this type question has lots of people commenting on them

We will probably have him in Sept if he is the regular on Dream.

He was our CD on the Liberty in 2008 - our first cruise. He is Canadian and we found him to be very good without being over the top, but we're Europeans so perhaps have a different view. Our next cruise was with Butch who gets very good reviews but I'm afraid we found him too much - especially the accent. Our most recent CD was Karl Bird - excellent a real show man and always around.

"Butch who gets very good reviews but I'm afraid we found him too much - especially the accent."

I didn't care for Butch at all when we had him as our CD on the Conquest several years ago.

I was on the 04/28/12 - 05/05/12 Dream sailing & Steve was the cruise director & seemed like he had been there for some time. He seemed very personable. He does a morning show with a look-a-like puppet of himself & the assistant director, Corey. It was pretty entertaining. I didn't see him around the ship as frequently as I've seen others on my other cruises but I had no complaints about him. It was a FABULOUS cruise!:D:D

I could have sworn that's who we had May 2011 on the Elation. If so, he was fine, funny when he needed to be and not too full of himself. I don't pay any attention to the CD on my cruises but this guy was funny at the welcome aboard show :D

Steve was our CD on the Dream last week.

Great guy!

He is extremely personable and engaging.

One night at the Punchliner we sat at the bar, he and Skylar (entertainment staff) came and sat with us.

He bought us a beer and had one himself.

Thanks for the info folks. I'm looking forward to meeting Steve, and as noted above, I'll let y'all know my thoughts when I return. I personally LOVED Butch Begovich, and thought he was one of the best CD's I'd ever had, but once again,,,,everyone looks for something different, I suppose.

"SKY"

We sailed with Steve on April 7th. Didn't found him very personable at all. Thought his ACD, Corey, was a much better CD. The CD that is coming on after Steve leaves I believe is James Dunn who was the ACD when the Dream came into service. Great guy! We are sailing again on the Dream on June 30th and am hearing he will be our CD! YAY!!!

Archived