Is anyone doing the Ropes and Zipline Challenge excursion?

WannaBpele

I am considering doing the Rope and Zipline Challenge when I visit Ketchikan in July. I would like to know from those that are going to try this as well, what they think when they come back. Please post your comments regarding your experience here. Thanks!

I am considering doing the Rope and Zipline Challenge when I visit Ketchikan in July. I would like to know from those that are going to try this as well, what they think when they come back. Please post your comments regarding your experience here. Thanks!

http://www.canopytour.com/one.html----------Try this to see what it may look like. We did this in Costa Rica and it was a blast.

• 2 weeks later...

I too did a zipline Canopy Tour in Costa Rica. It was a lot of fun, but I was too scared to go alone, so I went with an employee. Don't go with an employee if possible. It's much more fun on your own and I really regret going with an employee. It's so much fun, it's a must do!

• 2 weeks later...

I am still in Anchorage at the Captain Cook, On my Way to Vegas tonight till Saturday. A full reveiw will be coming but the zip lining was awesome. I liked it very much. I will be posting an in depth review on my excursions when I get back in town and unpack etc..

I still have wedding presents to open when I go home :) But if you are planning on this excursion, it was alot of fun. They were still doing some construction but the overall course for ziplining was finished. There was a rope bridge, swinging log, and some balance beams to work through before the zip lining. the actual zips were fast and fun. There were three different zip lines and you zipped 4 times ( 1 line was repeated twice)

That is just a taste. You'll see the full review sometime next week. :)

If you have specific questions please ask.. I will answer them when I get back.

DH and I did a zipline in Costa Rica--9 lines ranging from perpendicular to the ground (really fast, but they catch you)to the longest at 600+ feet. An employee is on every platform to hook you up and to help you land. Awesome. Very safe and not hard on the knees as I had worried about. And we are senior citizens, so if you are younger than that, no worries.

Archived