Solar eclipse tips

shootr

The best of the bunch, so far...

eclipse001-1.jpg

My try at a composite. No way to get the foreground and the sun both properly exposed in the same shot, so this is a rough try at bringing it all together.

eclipse020.jpg

Maximum eclipse at our location

eclipse013.jpg

WOW!!! Super neat pictures. Appreciate those sharing. Keep it coming. Good stuff.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 81,704 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

The best of the bunch, so far...

My try at a composite. No way to get the foreground and the sun both properly exposed in the same shot, so this is a rough try at bringing it all together.

Maximum eclipse at our location

Great shots. Thanks for posting.

I broke the rules on filters. I wound up stacking a 2, 4, and 8 ND filter onto polarizer and still shot at f/32 at 1/4000 for the sun shots. Quick peeks to keep alignment before burning out my corneas and I was all set.

Today I'm heading back out to the desert where I did my practice run last week. Somehow, I think I dropped my timer out there, because 3 hours before the start I tore the house and truck apart and couldn't find it anywhere. So no time lapse.

Thanks for all the comments. For an astronomy geek like me, this was a holy grail type event. When I saw the plane pic I darn near had kittens-I was shooting like crazy and switching all kinds of settings with fingers crossed.

Archived