Freedom Review - GT, La Romana, Aruba & Curacao

mara93

Sea Day 1

We had an interior room on Deck 10 & if you've ever had an inside you know they are like CAVES! I wake up & thinking it's 3am am prepared to go back to sleep but check the time just in case - it's 9:30!!! Eeek! I don't want to miss out on my vacation!

FYI - Breakfast is served until eleven or noon for Late Risers on the Lido Deck.

I do have to say that this room seemed to be the smallest out of the ones we've had. There's only the bed, there was a drop down bed for Gabe. There's a small dresser with 3 1/2 drawers, vanity area & three closet spaces. 2 small bedside tables & that's it. Small & not even drawer space.

Today, we are lazy (as you've already inferred) & we lounge. Explore the ship, have our Meet & Greet, and prepare for Elegant Night.

The Wake

546520_10151714348615603_745580602_24107532_69341578_n.jpg

We spot Funship Freddy outside of Camp.

295011_10151714348905603_745580602_24107535_496015385_n.jpg

We had a Meet & Greet with our Roll Call at 2pm today. What an awesome group of people. Had a blast meeting them & then running into them on the ship throughout the week. I felt like a celebrity!

Here's our group photo

MeetandGreet.jpg

Tonight is Elegant Night, so we spiff up.

Here is my little guy with Freddy

525616_10151714350560603_745580602_24107553_2115307511_n.jpg

Elegant Night Pic

576817_10151726218730603_745580602_24141028_348277559_n.jpg

This year I tried the Pasta Carbonara App & it was delicious!

294979_10151714351095603_745580602_24107557_1964240848_n.jpg[/quote

You have an adorable son. It was great meeting you and seeing you throughout the week. by the way, my pictures are on facebook now. I'm enjoying your review.

Pam

LOVE that you're reading a Sookie Stackhouse book on your Kindle in one of these pics @ Grand Turk. :D:D:D

As you can see, we loved Grand Turk!

550507_10151714476150603_745580602_24107923_405938183_n.jpg

Perfect Day!

385688_10151714522890603_745580602_24108285_1032885209_n.jpg

After spending the majority of the day in front of the ship, we decide to explore Margaritaville & the surrounding areas.

Margaritaville Pool area & Flow Rider

551026_10151714476305603_745580602_24107926_20613565_n.jpg

I was excited to find your review...this cruise is one on my "wish list". I appreciate all of the extra effort you are going through to add the photos...it makes me feel like I am traveling with you!

We did an 8 day cruise on the Freedom in 2009 that went to Panama and Costa Rica...we loved the itinerary and FOUR sea days!

I know what you mean about the odor in the rooms at the Hyatt Place...we encountered the same thing. I wanted to change rooms, but my DH insisted it was only for one night so we stuck it out. Made for an unpleasant night.

Looking forward to the rest of your review. You have a beautiful son and he is one lucky boy to get to cruise with you!!

Love your review and the pictures! And your son is darling!

Thanks!

Your son IS darling, and he looks so handsome all dressed up (the elegant night pics). ;)

Thanks!

GREAT REVIEW.......................................so far;)

Glad you had a great time and sorry about your hubby getting noro. From some threads I read it seemed like a major outbreak, I know 1 person is too many but we are heading out in 15 days and PRAY this is gone by then as we are a party of 13 and 6 of us are new to cruises.............

Please keep up with the pics!!!

And THANKS!

Have a great time! Just remember to always sanitize your hands & maintain your areas clean. My hubby caught it but my son & I were fine.

Great review i noticed that your husband had a Kodak watersporrt did you take these pics with that? i bought one and im going to try it any suggestions?

I've taken pictures with it & they come out fine. Very convenient. It's enough enough to toggle between the 2 settings, too.

Great review--thanks for taking the time to post all the pictures too! We set sail on the Freedom Jun 2 for that itinerary--looks like some beautiful spots along the way!

Have a great time! This was a fabulous itinerary.

Did you walk or ride to the area with the whale & astronaut? Really enjoying your review. Thanks for sharing!

Just walked. Once you walk down the pier, take a right. Everything is within walking distance.

Awesome review so far! Can't wait to see what you have to say about La Romana! :D

La Romana was such a FANTASTIC DAY! Will put up pictures tonight.

Hi Magda,

I can see from the beach picture that you are reading Sookie!!!! Love those books!!!!

Deena

Yeap, it's Sookie!!! How did you like the last book?

Very nice review! Sorry to hear some of you guys ended up sick. Looking forward to the rest!

Thanks!

Was on the same sailing. Can't wait to find out what you did in DR that you enjoyed so much, as that was my least favorite. I am doing the same itinerary in November, so your information is helpful!

Will post today but we took a tour through Seavis to Saona Island & it was gorgeous!

You have an adorable son. It was great meeting you and seeing you throughout the week. by the way, my pictures are on facebook now. I'm enjoying your review.

Pam

Pam, it was pleasure meeting you & Peggy! Took a look at your pictures yesterday & they are great.

Really enjoying your review. We will be on this same ship and itinerary on June 2nd.

Enjoy your cruise!

Please more reveiw......Can't wait until we sail on her.

You will have an excellent time!

We will be on this ship/itinerary in one week, I was hoping to hear/see more about it before leaving.

Sorry, life got in the way. Will try to finish up tonight.

Loving your photos and review......more more more!

Coming ......

Great review!! Hope to see more before we leave on the same cruise on Jun 2nd!!!

Have a great time!

Really great review,want to hear more. My days are numbered,and i cant wait.

Woohoo! Don't you love being able to countdown?

Great review so far. We are debating this itenerary on the Freedom or the 7 day on the Liberty to San Juan, St Thomas, Grand Turk, and Half Moon Cay

Both itineraries have great ports, you can't lose either way!

Great review, can't wait for the rest, hurry please.

Will try to finish it today!

LOVE that you're reading a Sookie Stackhouse book on your Kindle in one of these pics @ Grand Turk. :D:D:D

Gotta love Sookie!

great job so far

Thanks!

I was excited to find your review...this cruise is one on my "wish list". I appreciate all of the extra effort you are going through to add the photos...it makes me feel like I am traveling with you!

We did an 8 day cruise on the Freedom in 2009 that went to Panama and Costa Rica...we loved the itinerary and FOUR sea days!

I know what you mean about the odor in the rooms at the Hyatt Place...we encountered the same thing. I wanted to change rooms, but my DH insisted it was only for one night so we stuck it out. Made for an unpleasant night.

Looking forward to the rest of your review. You have a beautiful son and he is one lucky boy to get to cruise with you!!

I love reviews with lots of pictures so I'm trying to add lots & lots.

Yes, the Hyatt Place wasn't great. Even the employees were a bit brash.

We stuck it out because it's conveniently located but would stay elsewhere if we are in FLL again.

Thanks, my son loves to cruise (he is obsessed with Funship Freddy) & I can't imagine doing them without him. The pictures/memories alone are worth it.

Archived