Heathrow to Trafalgar Square

crusader

Hi,

What is a good way to get from Heathrow other than tube or rail..Are there any shuttles or reasonable car services.

THanks

If you look down the list you will find this has been discussed at length very recently (Getting to Southampton)

David.

I don't know any shuttle/car services to recommend although there will be plenty.

Personally I would stick to the train if you can - driving from Heathrow to Central London is to be avoided in my book - it takes anything upwards of an hour on a good day and I cannot remember the last time I had a good day driving in London. Last time I was in Central London was at 9pm on a Sunday evening and it was horrendously busy

The Heathrow Express takes 15 minutes to Paddington, you can get a cab or Tube from there

Hi,What is a good way to get from Heathrow other than tube or rail..Are there any shuttles or reasonable car services.

THanks

I know you said "other than...rail" but...

I also suggest...

Heathrow Express.

Every few minutes, London in a very few minutes :) . Seriously, I've used it many times and it is so easy and stress free.

Then cab to your hotel.

You could be having a martini in your hotel while someone else, trying to get into London by road, was stationary in traffic chaos.

Simples :) .

The problem with Heathrow Express is that it is very expensive and you end up at London Paddington, which is slightly remote from Central London.

There is a slightly cheaper alternative called Heathrow Connect http://www.heathrowconnect.com which stops at a few stations and ends up at London Paddington.

Possibly the cheapest way to Central London would be to use the London Underground Piccadilly Line and obtain an Oystercard (the cash fares on the London Underground are quite expensive).

Archived